Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Affordable printer for digital negatives

Re: Affordable printer for digital negatives

Quote Originally Posted by lucasleroy View Post
    Nobody tried the sc p600?
    I decided to purchase a SureColor P600! It was working great for about a week w/Pictorico OHP Transparency Film (TPU100). Then all of a sudden it started going through the printing motion but nothing was coming out on the paper. Then it started printing a strip on the side. I read on here yesterday that maybe I should try using Pictorico Ultra Premium OHP Transparency Film (TPS100). I just ordered some and I will let you know how it goes. Has been a very frustrating process. I had an Epson 2400 but it got old on me and broke. I really don't want to have to buy another printer.

Thanks Lesley, which black, PK or MK, did you use ? Did you put the transparency film in the right position (there is a face and a back, i'm sorry i'm a little bit limited by the language to express myself clearly but you probably know what i mean already ), it's actually the printer i'd like to buy so i hope it will work with the new transparency film, i'd just would like to hear about it a little bit before i buy it.

For the Epson 1430 i still can't find in France, and if i understand well Cone did a transformation on the printer?

Hey Lucas!
    I heard the same thing about Cone, haven't tried it though. I'm going to see if this new Ultra Pictorico works bc when it was working (for about a week w/Regular Premium Pictorico) it made gorgeous negatives. Hoping this Ultra Pic will be read by the printer. Yes, I was using the correct side . I printed negatives on my Epson 2400 for about two years. Let me test this and get back to you! Shouldn't be later than Friday. Also, used PK black. Will get back soon to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect ! Thank you

bill

Has anyone tried making a digital neg with a Canon IPF6400?

Eric Biggerstaff

You can make excellent digital negs on the Canon Pixma Pro-100. The price is great and you can make up to 13X19 inch negs. I have made hundreds with the printer, and it keeps going and going and going.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Biggerstaff View Post
    You can make excellent digital negs on the Canon Pixma Pro-100. The price is great and you can make up to 13X19 inch negs. I have made hundreds with the printer, and it keeps going and going and going.
    Are you using Photoshop to print and have you made any adjustment curves - I have a Pro-10, use photoshop, but have not made any adjustment curves - I am pleased with the results so far. I don't use it very often and have had no Problems with clogging.

Lucas, just wanted to let you know I've had no luck printing on Ultra Premium with the P600 printer. I'm going to try using different printer settings and will get back to you. I have a feeling I'll start using my Epson 1430 Artisan again...see if I can make them look better. If I can't I'll more than likely sell this P600 for a printer that will consistently work. Weird that some people's P600s work all the time! Will keep you posted on my progress.

You don't say whether the negatives are for silver gelatin or alternative process prints. I doubt that there is much difference in the OHP material in getting the negative to print. You need to use PK. The issue with these series of printers may be clogging of the valve that switches back and forth from MK to PK, so it would pay to run nozzle checks and head alignments to make sure you are firing on all jets.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I am using PK, and the printer works fine with any other paper but film. Sensor doesn't see it. Not sure why alt-process i'm using matters for the printer malfunction? Trying some things now. Thx.