Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Recent Posts Disappear from Thread Listings

Most Recent Posts Disappear from Thread Listings

I just noticed that the FS and WTB sections have some quirks right now.
    The most recent post of each section is visible on the main page, but when I click on the "FS" or "WTB" sections, to see all the threads in those sections, that most recent post is nowhere to be found among the other threads.

Re: Most Recent Posts Disappear from Thread Listings

yes, I also have the same problem.

Please read the news items about the new rules for FS/WTB that went into effect yesterday, and also the updated guidelines/FAQ page.

The immediately relevant point is that threads in the FS/WTB sections are now ordered by time of initial post, not by time of latest post. But please read the revised guidelines in full - there are other changes as well.

This detail about how the posts are listed stumped me too.

To get the posts to list by time of latest post, one needs to head to the bottom of the page to the "Thread Display Options" section. And in that section, select "Last Post Time" within the pull-down menu under the category "Sort threads by." Finally, hit the "Show Threads" button to see the posts listed by latest post.

I've found that once in a while--maybe after I close and then reopen my browser--the listing order reverts to the default setting. At that point, I simply go through the same procedure of changing the display options. Hope this helps.

Something is definitely wrong in the FS forum. Items recently bumped are not showing up at the top of the page. I can see them over to the right as a latest post but when I open the FS thread up that post is no where to be found.

Edit- I just read the above post and that worked-thanks
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Something is definitely wrong in the FS forum. Items recently bumped are not showing up at the top of the page. I can see them over to the right as a latest post but when I open the FS thread up that post is no where to be found.

Edit- I just read the above post and that worked-thanks
    You should also read earlier moderator responses and the revised guidelines. For-Sale threads are now ordered by the original post date. Bumping only affects the display from certain thread searches.

Thanks for posting that, it's good to know that reverting the forum back to it's "old" state is possible on an individual basis.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

You're welcome.

By the way, if anyone is looking for the new rules governing the FS and WTB sections, click on the link "What are the basic usage guidelines (da 'rules')?" under the main FAQ heading seen up on top of the page.

The new rules are all laid out in there, and not where, I think, they used to be which was a sticky link at the top of the forum section itself.

Everyone is welcome to set up their own Forum views in whatever way they find most convenient.

Regardless of the view, empty posts made for the purpose of moving listings up the queue are no longer allowed, and will be deleted. As mentioned in the revised guidelines, if you have a listing that is still open after 30 days, you may close the old listing and post a fresh listing of the same item if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by obscura.lucida View Post
    The new rules are all laid out in there, and not where, I think, they used to be which was a sticky link at the top of the forum section itself.
    The complete rules have always been on the FAQ page. The red "Please read the Guidelines..." statement has been added as a reminder. The "Usage Guidelines" tab at the top of the Forum page provides a convenient direct link; this, too, has not changed.