Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: New film from Begger! BERGGER Pancro 400

Re: New film from Begger! BERGGER Pancro 400

Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    I was actually thinking more about when shipping USPS or other. That's the only place where my film could have been exposed to x-ray scanning.
    I suggest you process an unexposed sheet yourself, at home, and see if you find artifacts.

capital idea!

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    I suggest you process an unexposed sheet yourself, at home, and see if you find artifacts.
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Any images you guys can post here? Slow connection makes it nearly impossible to get links to come up.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bergger 5x7 Dr5_preview.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	171592
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Any images you guys can post here? Slow connection makes it nearly impossible to get links to come up.
    David Aimone Photography

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    Before trying that, I suggest giving a uniform flash to just below visible tone in order better to find the 'bad news', if there is any.

Reviving old thread...

I finally got around to scanning my Pancro test negatives today, one developed in Pyrocat HD 1:1:100 at 20deg C 18mins (guess time which proved to be quite a bit too short, this film needs lots of time in the soup!) and another at 2:2:100 20degC for 11.5mins (a lot better density and contrast,) and on both have noticed the exact same fault as this. Faint but easily seen parallel lines running down short edge of 8x10” sheets. All four of them, all developed independently in trays.

Could this be a coating fault? Doesn’t seem like x-ray damage as looks too consistent and straight, with more abrupt edges to the bands.

This film does claim to have a special base anti-hilation layer that gives a higher than usual (compared to competition) base density. Could it be a problem with this special layer, with coating problem emphasised by pyro stain?

Anyone else seen this on Pancro or any other film?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim V View Post
    Reviving old thread...

I finally got around to scanning my Pancro test negatives today, one developed in Pyrocat HD 1:1:100 at 20deg C 18mins (guess time which proved to be quite a bit too short, this film needs lots of time in the soup!)
    Tim, if you check the MDC:

https://www.digitaltruth.com/devchar...=C&TimeUnits=D

You will find that Panchro 400 / Pyrocat HD 1:1:100 is 17min at 24șC !!!!! Not 20șC...

So at 20șC, time should be around 30min... for this reason development is provided at 24șC, to not have a very long time.

Yes, this is the time Bergger sent me after I asked them if they had information via email. I tried also with the 2:2:100 dilution and that was much better. Base density / fog on both was very high.

The tones, grain and gradation of the scans is actually very, very good, but the banding is crazy. At first I thought it was the scanner, but it didn't do it with any other film in a session of 20 scans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    Tim, if you check the MDC:

https://www.digitaltruth.com/devchar...=C&TimeUnits=D

You will find that Panchro 400 / Pyrocat HD 1:1:100 is 17min at 24șC !!!!! Not 20șC...

So at 20șC, time should be around 30min... for this reason development is provided at 24șC, to not have a very long time.

Well this is disturbing, since I just purchased a box of 8x10 to try again after my problems in 5x7 in 2017. I assumed since I didn't hear of any other problems that it was a fluke or had been solved.

I don't think it has anything to do with the developer, since it happened to about 25% of my negatives from the box of 5x7 in 2017. Half were sent out to a lab; the other half developed by me at home.

Oh joy, I can't wait to see the banding on 8x10. I'll have to wait for another month or two for the 8x10 camera to arrive...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim V View Post
    Reviving old thread...

I finally got around to scanning my Pancro test negatives today, one developed in Pyrocat HD 1:1:100 at 20deg C 18mins (guess time which proved to be quite a bit too short, this film needs lots of time in the soup!) and another at 2:2:100 20degC for 11.5mins (a lot better density and contrast,) and on both have noticed the exact same fault as this. Faint but easily seen parallel lines running down short edge of 8x10” sheets. All four of them, all developed independently in trays.

Could this be a coating fault? Doesn’t seem like x-ray damage as looks too consistent and straight, with more abrupt edges to the bands.

This film does claim to have a special base anti-hilation layer that gives a higher than usual (compared to competition) base density. Could it be a problem with this special layer, with coating problem emphasised by pyro stain?

Anyone else seen this on Pancro or any other film?
    David Aimone Photography

On a totally different tanget.. Does anyone here know where Bergger paper and film is manufactured..Do they do this themselves??