Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your bag

Re: Show your bag

Finally someone who actually left room for film holders in their backpack ;-)

Wonder what the other guys do?

3d Visual Effects artist

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Finally someone who actually left room for film holders in their backpack ;-)

Wonder what the other guys do?
    you can't see it in my photo, but on the flap of the backpack (the part that folds out when you unzip the main compartment) there is a big pocket in there, I can carry 8 holders, but I could probably carry double that if I had more to carry. Works quite nicely in a Gnass folder
    Daniel Buck - 3d VFX artist
    3d work: DanielBuck.net
    photography: 404Photography.net - BuckshotsBlog.com

I use a 65L framed backpack with custom insert... custom cause it's only half finished.. might have to tie wife to sewing machine and not let her go until she's finished it! I store DD's and occasionly Grafmatics in those cooler containers in the bottom section. Can get 2 (so about 18 DD's) in there with a few other things. I've made a GG cover out of matt board to protect that (being Satinsnow, don' want to break that!). I use a wood tripod but that's a pain to carry, even in a bag with a shoulder strap. Really need a tripod that can be tied to the backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Smith View Post
    I've made a GG cover out of matt board to protect that (being Satinsnow, don' want to break that!).
    I made my GG protector out of a piece of plexiglas scrap, free from the local hardware store. Using my oven to heat up the plexi to about 250 deg F, I formed it into a clamshell cover that slips perfectly around both sides of the GG.

Mountainsmith Odysssey for 5x12- main clamshell in back for camera, horseblanket and 5 lenses, separate compartment for 4 holders, and another separate pocket up font for filters, compendium shade, meter, bag bellows, etc. Mounted on the side are tripod and bracket for verticals.
    Last edited by Colin Graham; 24-Sep-2008 at 16:37.

Big Negs Rock!

I keep my film holders in plastic bags. Am I the only one?
    Mark Woods

Large Format B&W
    Cinematography Mentor at the American Film Institute
    Past President of the Pasadena Society of Artists
    Director of Photography
    Pasadena, CA
    www.markwoods.com

Dave Karp

No. I keep mine in ziploc type bags. Others use antistatic bags used in the computer industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    Mountainsmith Odysssey for 5x12- main clamshell in back for camera, horseblanket and 5 lenses, separate compartment for 4 holders, and another separate pocket up font for filters, compendium shade, meter, bag bellows, etc. Mounted on the side are tripod and bracket for verticals.
    Wow! Cool rig. What is the purpose of the aluminum 'L' bracket on the right side (in first photo) ?

Thanks Brad. I love the bag just wish it fit me a little better..That bracket is for for mounting the camera on it side. Don't use it that often but it's nice to have for vertical panos. Stole the idea from Lotus

Eric Woodbury

Here's a 4x5 travel kit in a Domke Original bag. I don't like backpacks on planes and in cities. Bag has Ebony RW45 with 4 lenses from 58 to 240. 3 lenses in outside pockets. Film holders will fit in outside pockets, too. There is a lightmeter and bottle of water, nicknacks. Tripod is carried by hand.

And then there is the 5x7 Lowepro medium size backpack for car travel. Lenses from 72 to 450, filters, filmholders, meters, loupe, close glasses, and all the crap in the bag. Room in exterior for water and light coat. Camera and tripod ride on my shoulder usually. Big lenses don't travel far from the car or I get a caddy to help with another bag.
    Last edited by Eric Woodbury; 4-Dec-2007 at 12:33. Reason: Add pix
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com