Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Can this be true ? Jobo rises again ?

Re: Can this be true ? Jobo rises again ?

Rodney has been involved in the Jobo process all along and has supplied support to Jobo and help to users in the UK.
    but thinking First Call can offer repair service in the US is kind of unrealistic for users. Perhaps they will partner with a good US reseller or
    find distribution that can actually support the machines. I have expressed the desire to continue offering support here in the US through an adjacent channel - so perhaps we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Interest is here in my shop.... now how about the flimsy arm design???
    Also New Tanks, New Reels, for all sizes , what will be the situation from this standpoint?

I am very optimistic , but I have to ask , where where you five years ago??.. I had to rig and purchase used 5 alts to keep my processes alive!!!
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Colorline analyzers were made in Russia. I am sure the costs easily exceede 200.

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    I got the flier on it. Looks like the cpp processor but includes a timer. No details available on the timer. The red plastic is gone and the whole thing is black. The picture shows a lift that looks identical to the old lifts with the same arm mechanism.

The main difference is that the knobs are gone and replaced with some electronics and a few press buttons. Having used a Jobo colorline analyzer I suspect that the electronics are un-intuitive. I would have preferred the old knobs which were foolproof.

The downside of course is that the cost is $3000 and available in the UK so shipping will be costly as well.

I would be curious to know what it costs to make one. Maybe $200 max? But it is a good product.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Thanks Greg. I would think Freestyle would be eyeing this closely to see if it's in their and their customer's interests.

It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out as I'm sure they must have crunched some numbers to see if it's a viable business plan to start up production again.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

BTW - here is something i saw on APUG, seems as though china is a pretty big market
    http://forum.xitek.com/thread-963050-1-1-2.html

The price as quoted on APUG is about 800$ before shipping and tax...

Greg

I would be interested in purchasing from a vendor like yourself, who not only can get the product , but also understands the equipment inside out. Also this unit is not what I would be interested in but rather the 2300 style or the Alt 3 style.

I have a tech here in TO who I sent to Jobo Factory in Europe for factory service training on the Alt 2300 and Alt 3, but even with this kind of help it has been a tough couple of years keeping used gear running smoothly.
    My interest is only if there is one location that will support the product for at least 7 years after stopping production... Most imagers that I have purchased give this type of help.
    This is not unrealistic considering the costs of purchase, rent, maintenence and getting your investment back on gear.

Jobo on the other line basically left everyone hanging ...
    Since Jobo pulled the plug so to speak we were left with purchasing used units and as you know getting these units to spec is difficult and for me was costly. Right now I have a Alt 3 -second unit in two years, after a series of 2300 used units.. This is not acceptable to me.

Therefore we have designed an auto device that works with the Jobo expert drums and tanks .. there is no cog mechanisim driving the rotation but rather large rollers... All parts are local and for the same money that is being touted I can have a device that is maintained and serviced locally with home depot parts.
    Yes it does not have a lift, I have a water bath on the side using stainless steel tanks... A local guy to me has did all the leg work and for my money I think my unit will be much more robust and practical than this unit they are putting out.

Now if there was plans to reintroduce the 2300 - thats a completely other thing- I know this unit and can amortize its cost over the life of the unit. We have been running Jobo gear since the early 90's and know them well.

Quick question... re lift arm on the alt 3 and 2300 - we found that we got approx 36000 lifts and then whamo it failed... replacing one is costly and not an easy task.. Do you concur that the arms basically broke down after this amounts of lifts???

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    Rodney has been involved in the Jobo process all along and has supplied support to Jobo and help to users in the UK.
    but thinking First Call can offer repair service in the US is kind of unrealistic for users. Perhaps they will partner with a good US reseller or
    find distribution that can actually support the machines. I have expressed the desire to continue offering support here in the US through an adjacent channel - so perhaps we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    He said it was 400 euro with tax (vat). 400 euro =522.00 dollars + vat at 19% is just shy of 600. I purchase the drums as an ongoing basis, and they are available from me in the US.
    Okay, that's not how I understood it. I heard that he paid 400 Euro, including VAT. That would be $522 - 19% = $425. But it is what it is. I'll wait for more favorable rates before I'll be able to be in the market.

Rick "whatever" Denney

... Quick question... re lift arm on the alt 3 and 2300 - we found that we got approx 36000 lifts and then whamo it failed... replacing one is costly and not an easy task.. Do you concur that the arms basically broke down after this amounts of lifts???
    Bob,

I also have a 2300. How do you read the number of cycles on the lift arm?

pramm

Greg

I have a tech here in TO who I sent to Jobo Factory in Europe for factory service training on the Alt 2300 and Alt 3, but even with this kind of help it has been a tough couple of years keeping used gear running smoothly.
    My interest is only if there is one location that will support the product for at least 7 years after stopping production... Most imagers that I have purchased give this type of help.
    This is not unrealistic considering the costs of purchase, rent, maintenence and getting your investment back on gear.

Jobo on the other line basically left everyone hanging ...
    Since Jobo pulled the plug so to speak we were left with purchasing used units and as you know getting these units to spec is difficult and for me was costly. Right now I have a Alt 3 -second unit in two years, after a series of 2300 used units.. This is not acceptable to me.

Therefore we have designed an auto device that works with the Jobo expert drums and tanks .. there is no cog mechanisim driving the rotation but rather large rollers... All parts are local and for the same money that is being touted I can have a device that is maintained and serviced locally with home depot parts.
    Yes it does not have a lift, I have a water bath on the side using stainless steel tanks... A local guy to me has did all the leg work and for my money I think my unit will be much more robust and practical than this unit they are putting out.

???
    Bob, tell me more about your local solutions to the processor problem. I have a really ugly 2200 that works but could sure use some TLC. Are you saying you have a tech who can work on these?

Peter in Niagara

Dave I am not sure , but apparently there is a way.. I will ask my tech guy or maybe Greg can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Langendonk View Post
    Bob,

I also have a 2300. How do you read the number of cycles on the lift arm?

Peter

there is a long thread on APUG about this solution..
    the design is done by Richard Idle in Ottawa/Toronto so I cannot spill his plans without permission..
    Basically think big rollers with strips on the tanks to allow them to be horizontal on the rollers... think big water tank to keep chems tempered and a timing system to count down.

Mixing old tech with new tech but all running on home hardware components and some lathe work by Richard.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by peter ramm View Post
    Bob, tell me more about your local solutions to the processor problem. I have a really ugly 2200 that works but could sure use some TLC. Are you saying you have a tech who can work on these?

Peter in Niagara