Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longevity Research- cross posted

Longevity Research- cross posted

Most of you may already know about this, but I intend to make some noise about it-
    http://aardenburg-imaging.com/
    That the opening page has such a discussion of specialty B&W ink speaks volumes right off the bat. Mark developed the standard Wilhelm is now moving to, while taking little of the public credit. This is exactly the kind of independent testing we have been looking for for years, and open to as many kinds of inks and papers as his subscription level can support. He also hes the first viable approach to B&W testing we've seen as an independent, Wilhelm's told us nothing of hue shift in his previous testing, very important to us B&W folks, particularly those using processes with some level of color inks involved. Obvioulsy most of his work is with color. Some of you are probably already members. I realize to have a voluntary subscription effort like this is this economy makes for a difficult future, but isn't this exactly what we need to keep things honest?
    This is extremely important work, the only impartial, thorough, and rational approach to evaluating the future of our print art since the radical switch to digital. Times are very tough, I managed to find a way to subscribe and stay alive, it's not much.
    I think we should constantly support his efforts on the forums when we discuss materials, subscribe of course at least at the minimum if at all possible, and mention we are members on our sites and blogs. We would be his support, since he can't be a constant salesman and maintain the level of integrity required to give his work and results the impartial level of integrity required for widespread acceptance.
    Thanks for listening, go join, and proudly chat up your membership... maybe he needs a certificate we can put on our sites.. a decoder ring at least?
    Tyler
    http://www.custom-digital.com/

Re: Longevity Research- cross posted

I selected this thread as the most appropriate vehicle to disseminate important information in early 2015.

Many of you are aware that Epson has just begun delivering its P600 printer

which uses a new, reportedly improved Ultrachrome HD ink set. Anyone interested in the longevity of inkjet prints realizes that thorough, independent testing is needed to establish a useful estimate of the actual life expectancy prints made with those inks will exhibit. Mark McCormick-Goodhart has plans to perform that testing, but lacks sufficient funding to begin. I've done my part with an initial contribution, but encourage other to jump in too and help things along financially. See Mark's latest update on the Aardenburg Imaging & Archives home page:

Thanks for any support you provide to this worthwhile project.

Thanks for this update/reminder, Sal. I've just renewed my support for this important work and join you and Tyler in urging others to contribute.

Thanks I will help out too.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

multiplex

best of luck with you efforts !
    Last edited by jnantz; 3-Mar-2015 at 06:44. Reason: too snarky, changed tone

Thread moved to Kickstarter Announcements which now exists. Thanks for the update.

Please keep in mind that discourteous posters get banned briefly at first, then banned entirely from this forum.

Well done Ken!
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:

Yeh, well done Ken!

My post actually included a reasoned response to the OP.

Maybe you guys should restate your bias so that the rest of us will know what opinions we are not permitted to express.

The Aardenburg research is very important for anyone who makes digital prints. He even has data on some C41 prints. I use the inkset that I do mainly because it does extremely well in his tests.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath View Post
    Yeh, well done Ken!

My post actually included a reasoned response to the OP.

Maybe you guys should restate your bias so that the rest of us will know what opinions we are not permitted to express.
    I don't remember what exactly was in yours but if you quote a post that is getting the axe then yours will get the axe too.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73: