Thread: Changing email details

Changing email details

A nice irony to start the week. I'm trying to update my email address, but when I make the changes to the new email field and press send, it tells me that I have an invalid email password. I'm sure my pwd is correct, but when I request my pwd be sent to me, I get the message that my email address is wrong. Likewise when I try to contact an administrator, I don't get off first base because my pwd is wrong. Obviously I should have done all this before I cancelled my old email account, but it's no good being wise after the event. What can I do?

Barry.

Re: Changing email details

Please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page to send a question to the moderators on your problem. Include your current email address and LF Forum user name.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Kirsten View Post
    A nice irony to start the week. I'm trying to update my email address, but when I make the changes to the new email field and press send, it tells me that I have an invalid email password. I'm sure my pwd is correct, but when I request my pwd be sent to me, I get the message that my email address is wrong. Likewise when I try to contact an administrator, I don't get off first base because my pwd is wrong. Obviously I should have done all this before I cancelled my old email account, but it's no good being wise after the event. What can I do?

Barry.

Barry, I updated your e-mail address, but that domain is rejecting e-mail sent to your new address. Once you have resolved that issue, please contact me for your new password.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post
    Barry, I updated your e-mail address, but that domain is rejecting e-mail sent to your new address. Once you have resolved that issue, please contact me for your new password.
    Hi Ralph,

Thank you for doing that. Unfortunately I have just moved to Australia's largest ISP and I find their service and technical support utterly hopeless. I have re-registered with the forum using my gmail email address and a new password. Is it possible to move these details to my old account and then cancel this new one? Many thanks,

Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Kirsten View Post
    Hi Ralph,

Thank you for doing that. Unfortunately I have just moved to Australia's largest ISP and I find their service and technical support utterly hopeless. I have re-registered with the forum using my gmail email address and a new password. Is it possible to move these details to my old account and then cancel this new one? Many thanks,

Barry.
    You have mail (on gmail).

All working (sigh of relief). Many thanks, Ralph.

Barry.