Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Cut Off While Trying To Post

Getting Cut Off While Trying To Post

Having a heck of a time lately...trying to post and reply to PM's - having these actions refused even though still being signed in. Only workaround is to copy my post, leave the site entirely, then sign in, paste, and try posting again. Aggravating!

Re: Getting Cut Off While Trying To Post

John, I'm seeing that occasionally too in responding to posts. We'll try to figure out what's going on.

Les

Hey Oren, I wrote about the same issue couple of days ago (that hadn't happen before), where I was signed in and tried to write a PM...appx 3-4 times in 30 min. Ralph answered, but he mostly pointed...that the issue was likely on my side. Huh ? Thanks for looking into this.

Les

Can't say yet whether it's a server-side, user profile, or client-side issue, though a server-side issue seems more likely if different users are seeing it. I think the key question is what has changed, because I wasn't seeing it before and evidently you and John weren't either.

PS: Just got dumped out of my login as I was drafting this reply. Had to sign in again - twice - to complete it.

To help in sorting this out: what browser or other software (name and version) are you using to access the Forum, and if a browser, are you browsing in public or private mode?

Logged out inside of a minute. Firefox current version, Win 10 (I can try macs, linux, if needed?) Comcast broadband. Seems to trigger just switching to a new post.

Something seems messed up on the server side, at least. Whether or not the dot next to my name is green is now no longer correctly synchronized with whether I'm logged in.

But there may be client-side things going on too.

I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome, Win 10 and for about a week now I get randomly tossed out simply switching pages inside a post. I've also been logged out when trying to reply to a thread.

Interesting...was just kicked out after posting the above reply. And, I noticed another issue I've seen for a couple of weeks now--when just trying to open a thread I get directed to a screen saying "Database Error".

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    Interesting...I noticed another issue I've seen for a couple of weeks now--when just trying to open a thread I get directed to a screen saying "Database Error".
    Ditto. I'm using current Firefox Win10.