Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Time Savers in the Field

Re: Time Savers in the Field

[QUOTE=John Powers;188460]Kirk,

When I don’t work out of the car, all gear goes in a 20 inch wheeled baby jogger with camera mounted on tripod, lens bag in the seat padding the camera-tripod and film holders on the rails under the seat. http://babyjogger.com/performancesingle.htm

Have you ever tried the swiveling front wheel types? I have found with a good weight on board that the handles take quite some downward pressure to turn the jogger. I wondered if the swiveling types may be easier to navigate.

Another one I came up to today, while driving to one of the spots I visit to create a series:

While going to your destination, think about all the possible errors you could make when composing and taking the picture.
    It not only saves you time, but also the frustration when looking at negatives with tilted verticals, distracting foreground, DOF & exposure errors..

Greetings,
    G

As a longtime beginner, the best advice I've seen was from Fred Picker. He said to basically be able to set up and tear down your camera without thinking. I practiced this one winter during Sunday football games (opening and closing my Anba Ikeda) and it has helped me immensely.

Now if I can learn how to frame a picture.....................

Eric
    Dad, why is the lens cap on?

Quote Originally Posted by Geert View Post
    Another one I came up to today, while driving [:] think about all the possible errors you could make [!]

G
    Now, is that a way to go through life? Why not think about all the beautiful pictures you could make?

Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    Now, is that a way to go through life? Why not think about all the beautiful pictures you could make?
    I was on my way to go and make beautiful pictures :-)

G

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Barlow View Post
    "I think the advantage of having only one lens is that it is a real time saver."

I believe another advantage is that you'll probably make more consistently good pictures than the rest of us by being extremely familiar with one lens, and not distracted by choice!

I do projects where I limit myself in equipment and film choises, shutter speed choices, anything to keep extraneous distractions at a minimum. So far, these projects have produced my best work.

There's a lot to be said for this approach as a skill-builder.

In golf we have mid-week competitions with our choice of 2 clubs + putter (instead of the normal 14 clubs).

This takes the equipment out of the picture (pardon the pun) and leaves success up to thought, planning & skill. What's interesting is that the good players shoot about the same number whether using 2 clubs or all 14.