Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you need from a 1910 European Catalogue?

Re: What do you need from a 1910 European Catalogue?

First of all, this is an old thread and I now have Swedish catalogues for 1917, 1927 and 1934. In a separate posting I will list the named objectives in these.
    Schneider appears first around 1927 with Xenar - no sign of export here before that date.
    I enclose the Rodenstock hemi-anastigmat and heligonal page from 1910. The 110mm size 0 hemi anastigmat was gone by 1917.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    Nice all the data sources are in agreement!
    Steven,
    Thanks for following up, and your patience as I revived this old thread (a warning perhaps to those who suggest searching before asking?). Interestingly though, the page you posted doesn't seem to agree (other than for No 1) with those posted by Dan and Stephane - or am I mis-reading something? Yours seems to suggest significantly more coverage. I'll have the lens in my hand in a couple of days so I'll follow up with my own experiences - it cames attached to what the seller believes to be a full plate Eastman No 1, so I'll guess its the No 2 lens for now.
    Thanks,
    Dan

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Steven,
    I'd be interested in your Hemi-Anastigmat data. I've not found anything about this lens of mine other than Ole Tjugen also has/had one, but of a longer focal length. I don't recall the serial, but I do recall seeing a serial list, and that my mine predates 1910 for date of manufacture.
    Thanks.
    Chris
    Ditto - we know there are at least two Hemi-Anastigmats in the world.

I think it is great that people use the search function before just starting a new thread!

I checked the 1917 catalogue and the plate sizes which are covered are exactly the same as 1910.
    Last edited by Steven Tribe; 28-Sep-2010 at 08:00. Reason: mixed up para aplanat and hemi aplanat!1

Hi Steven,

if it's not too much trouble, I would greatly appreciate seeing the page(s) on the Voigtlander triple anastigmat, as well as the tele-lenses (or tele tubes? info on the tele attachment tubes and the lenses they match with would be great). Accurate data on these is hard to find. I have some numbers for coverage of the triple-anastigmat, but they dont seem realistic.

thanks

Tim

As requested!
    I did make a list of the other lenses in the other years - but this got lost somewhere with no copy here. Will try again tomorrow.

In 1910, the tele attachment was on the same page as the Collinear Series III and the 2 models fit on no.3 and no.4, respectively and were only sold with these lenses.

Awesome!

thanks

Tim

funkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    First of all, this is an old thread and I now have Swedish catalogues for 1917, 1927 and 1934. In a separate posting I will list the named objectives in these.
    Schneider appears first around 1927 with Xenar - no sign of export here before that date.
    I enclose the Rodenstock hemi-anastigmat and heligonal page from 1910. The 110mm size 0 hemi anastigmat was gone by 1917.
    Steven,
    Thank you. Memory doesn't serve me very well. After checking last night, the serial on my #1 is in the 80,xxx range, placing it between 1910-1920.

Ole,
    What is the serial number on yours? I'm curious to know the age difference, considering yours is the only other one I've seen mention of.

Chris

Thank you for your generous offer! I'm interested in data on the Weitwinkel-Lynkeioskop Serie F, No 4 if that's covered.
    Thank you,
    Sven