Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Re: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

These panos look good, Alex. A bit of tweaking of the contrast and perhaps the colour and they will be really nice.

I still haven't even processed my films... First it was the in-laws in the darkroom, and then exams, and currently a mixture of major domestic landscaping/drainage work and baby-wrangling. I will get there eventually, hopefully before the next trip! I am really keen to get out and take some photos, but it just isn't happening for me right now

Landscape Addict

Thanks Ian,

Being colourblind (rather seriously) makes adjusting the colour balance a dangerous game.. I usually get someone to stand with me and let me know when the colour balance looks "Real". I have re-done these already with a bit higher contrast and they are a lot more striking to my eyes.. I will upload them soon.

I have managed to get out nearly every week recently. I think I've missed only one week... I have 5 rolls of velvia to develop at the moment and a big stack of 4x5's.. I have posted a few pics in the "what did you compose at waters edge" thread too... Since learning about the inaccuracy of my meter my slides have come leaps and bounds... There have been a few failures... with a couple of heavily under exposed slides and a couple of blown out skies but largely very happy with my exposures...
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Landscape Addict

Bit of retouching on this one. I really like this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pristine.jpg  
    Alexartphotography

Alex. I want to like this. Everything about it says I should like this. But your jpeg looks so soft I just can't tell if you had the focus right mate! Do you have a better jpeg? It looks the same on FB. I want to see it sharp to see if the detail is there in those shadows.
    Looks a touch blue too colour blind boy!
    I am doing some E6 this week. Where you at?

Landscape Addict

Stef - I can email you the original JPG... The scan is AVERAGE as per my AVERAGE scanner..

Those black areas look fine on a light table, the old scanner I have just doesnt have the stones to get detail out of the dark areas... I'll email you the jpg now.. and I will see what I can do about the blue.
    Alexartphotography

Landscape Addict

Massive thanks to Stef for giving me some training in E6 processing... After successfully loading 12 sheets of Velvia 100 onto reels, getting them into the drum, getting the damn lid onto the drum then processing, I now have my first 12 4x5 transparencies... I have shot a bit of B/W Neg 4x5, but I've never held a 4x5 slide before now... What can I say... Wow... That is one big colourful slide, they look great on my light table, unfortunately for me, my scanner packed it in when I went to scan the first one... My local camera store is scanning them at $1 per scan for 2400dpi scans off their V750... Fair deal really.. I can get 700 slides scanned for less than the cost of the scanner..

I will have them back tomorrow, so maybe tomorrow night there will be some new images floating about.
    Alexartphotography

f90

Hi guys, sorry if this is off topic..but I was wondering if anyone is interested in buying my 6x9 graflex film back. I was going to sell it on ebay but I thought I may as well ask on here first to save myself from dealing with the ebay process.

Give me a yell if interested

Quote Originally Posted by alexn View Post
    Bit of retouching on this one. I really like this...
    Alex

Lovely shot I am very new to large format have only been reading about it don't have a camera yet the only large format camera I have personally seen is when I went down to the tweed coast saw f90 a member of this forum using his sinar. I am getting to my point the processed shot has got a blue colorcast was that intentional I know the velvia does give you a bit of blue color cast naturally as I have used the 35mm velvia film. I prefer the more natural colors but that's just me from a learning point I would like to know why.

Hope to join you guys when I get my first large format camera.

Landscape Addict

Hi Dwarak,

I have since corrected the colour cast... I am fairly colour blind and didnt realize it until Stef told me..

Best of luck getting into LF. The time and effort all pays off when you see the detail in your images!!
    Alexartphotography

Hi all!

Ian very kindly shot me a message telling me about this thread. I'm in Sunnybank and happy to meet/chat next time it happens :-) Just let me know a time, date and location!

Daniel