View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 15 of 299 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

joseph

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

And by the way, a camera that demands ground glass focusing is probably not a 'point and shoot'...
    Last edited by jb7; 4-Mar-2012 at 11:45. Reason: and another thing...

Some folks will want a GG, others won't. To some, this will be a point and shoot, and to others it will be an ultralight rigid field camera.

I'd love to include a plastic "GG" in each box, but depending on the added cost, it may have to be an inexpensive ($10 or so) add on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzano View Post
    If there is one thing I've learned in 40 years of Marketing, including Mercedes Benz, Corporate level computers and software, banking services... etc. It is "never keep a buyer who is waving cash in your face waiting!!!"
    Ok, was that less harsh... ? Perhaps not. show us the test scans and move on to orders and production, please, There's money awaiting you.
    It seems there is one thing you definitely have not learned in 40 years of marketing... That making things takes time.

Yes, just what we want is hastily designed, il-conceived point and shoot camera that you have to focus on a ground glass. No I'll happily wait for a well designed camera that has been properly prototyped and tested.

Roger

Thanks, Roger! When you're spending tens of thousands on steel molds, you definitely want to be sure you're getting it right!

Quote Originally Posted by John NYC View Post
    It seems there is one thing you definitely have not learned in 40 years of marketing... That making things takes time.
    Absolutely... And a good marketer never reveals his product to the open market before he is ready to take and fill orders. An appropriate way to get feedback for product design is a "focus group". Any one here heard of that term before. Well that's what a proper marketer learns in "marketing". Listing this camera on an open forum was clearly a marketing decision, without a product to sell.

You are very right, making things takes time, and product development is closely guarded. I can't have concieved that this camera would have been revealed in it's near totality, without being close to production. Ripe for thievery, and long enough from disclosure to production for people to lose interest and go elsewhere.

There was a lot of misplaced trust in posting design and images of prototypes, overlooking the fact that the propensity for skulking and stealing designs is not better percentage wise, because it's a "large format" forum, than any other open forum. The registration means nothing in terms of seeing the posts.

And regarding:

"Roger Thoms

Yes, just what we want is hastily designed, il-conceived point and shoot camera that you have to focus on a ground glass. No I'll happily wait for a well designed camera that has been properly prototyped and tested.

Roger "

What the HELL are you trying to say. It's clear the work done so far is not hastily designed, ill-conceived, or Point and Shoot only even up to this point. Furthermore the camera is already in prototype and being tested. Ben said yesterday he is taking pictures and will scan them right away. That, Roger is testing. The camera as it stands will serve the needs of many who have posted here, without further refinement. And if your need is not urgent in any way, you can wait for refinements. It does not appear to me that any of the refinements at this point would be in the design and casting work. It's done to a usable base camera, on which truly creative people can add improvements. Yes I understand that a lesser share of the market want a "no brainer" camera, and they are perfectly entitled to wait in line behind me for their goodies.

In addition Roger, your comment about not using GG viewing, but rather P&S, indicates your willingness to suffer a higher rate of NON keepers, thereby burning up film that is currently reduced in supply of various emulsions and inventory in general, and becoming pricier all along. Well Roger, I choose not to piss away the kind of money you are willing to part with because one chooses to show his/her prowess as a Point and Shooter. That's as opposed to a "hand holder", which you appear not to be (Thank the Lord). Me, I want to see the image to be taken, before I pull the dark slide.

And BEN... REALLY?

I have to wait until you design a web site. Are you really going to try to market your product with the least effective marketing tool ever designed... a web site on the internet. Please, this product will sell better on eBay to say the least. Or even on dedicated forums like this one, APUG and others. That's not to mention that a decent web site can be designed, up and running in a week, let alone weeks. I'd like a show of hands please on anyone who is making a profitable income on any product with a web site alone.... that's without the benefit of tons of effort on other means of reaching the target market. Instead relying on people to seek out your particular product on an already too full and confusing internet.

Lastly, your comment to me that it will "done when it's done" deserves an apology. That comment shows no respect for a sincere prospective buyer.... me and all others anxious to acquire the product. It effectively says "Hey, it's my deal, and I'll get it out when I am damn good and ready".

Lastly, the two listings impuning my marketing skills (John and Roger) were both rather childlike and moronic, revealing more about your lack of knowledge in marketing skils, than my own deficiencies.

Ben, you opened this can of worms with your "more like marketing post" than your search for help on the design. Again, a focus group, with any mention of the camera to the world at large, would have been far more appropriate. When you do get to the marketing and order taking, get some help, please.

Cross me off your list of interested potential buyers.

I would have rather PM'd all this garbage, as I did to you before and never received a response. Thank you very much. Consider the thorn removed, and good luck to you, sir.

"I'd like a show of hands please on anyone who is making a profitable income on any product with a web site alone.... that's without the benefit of tons of effort on other means of reaching the target market."

I am: gordy's camera straps

And I want one of these. 90mm. I'll wait.

Kuzano, I didn't see your PM because I'm not used to the new forum layout...

I'm a small business, trying to be open and transparent, and involve the small community I'm interested in. This is a fun $99 plastic camera. There is simply no reason for anyone to get upset.

If you don't like what I'm doing, that's perfectly fine, and actually it's one of the reasons I solicited feedback. Thank you for your feedback, and your point about timing. I happen to disagree, but let's keep this civil. I don't take marching orders. I'm going to do this camera right, and it will take exactly as long as it takes.

Edit: By the way, I've been making 100% of my income from internet sales for the past 10 years. No advertising.

Lachlan 717

Lighten up, Kuzano. The world doesn't revolve around your ingrate arse.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

I am minterested.

For several years I've been wondering why camera Mf'rs dhven't done more of this type of manufacture, keeping expensive machining down to a minimum. What about a plastic Grafmatic to go along with the P&S?

The camera shown could work well with a spotting scope for LF super=telephoto too.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!