Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Ilford ULF program questions

2017 Ilford ULF program questions

After searching a bit I finally found the page about the film special order program now open. I looked at the 11x14 HP5 and it is listed at a special price of $220.76. I went to B&H photo and it is listed for $199.95. I guess I am confused about the special order. I thought one could go and buy 5-10 boxes and it would be cheaper not more expensive. Is the B&H stock old? Certainly doesn't say that. Does this mean the new stock will be $20 more so grab the B&H stock? There seems to be no advantage for me here unless I am missing something.
    I do see the Opportunity to buy fp4 and delta 100 in 11x14 as that isn't listed too often at other places or you must buy a minimum of 4 boxes. So I can see that. And I see that if you use the larger sizes of film or odd sizes that this is probably your only opportunity to grab some film. So am I just lucky that 11x14 is stocked at B&H and I don't need to take advantage of this annual offer unless as I mentioned I want delta 100 or fp4? Would appreciate a bit of insight.

Lachlan 717

Re: 2017 Ilford ULF program questions

The price for the ULF run are set by the individual store, not by Ilford.

So, it depends on where you saw the more expensive price.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

11x14 HP5+ is typically a stock item at B&H. If you want anything else it's the ULF Program. I suspect B&H is making very little money on the 11x14 HP5+, but they have it all the time so I suspect they sell a decent volume of it.

Thank goodness for B&H!!! The HP5 I've bought from them is not short dated

Oh ok. I thought you could buy directly from Ilford not through stores. Yes I see that the price is not an actual Ilford price but one of the film companies that sell the film. My mistake. Well that bums me out. Lol. I thought this was a annual good deal but really just opportunity. Any best price suggestions / recommendations where to buy some 11x14 FP4?

Although B&H happens to stock 11x14 HP5 Plus, most dealers don't. More generally, what's special about the ULF program is that it allows ordering small quantities of a wide range of other formats that are not usually stocked and that otherwise would require special orders with very large minimum quantities.

I don't know of anyone that regularly stocks 11x14 FP4 Plus. Your best best is to contact the dealers who participate in the ULF program to see if by chance any of them kept some extra for stock from last year's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Although B&H happens to stock 11x14 HP5 Plus, most dealers don't. More generally, what's special about the ULF program is that it allows ordering small quantities of a wide range of other formats that are not usually stocked and that otherwise would require special orders with very large minimum quantities.

I don't know of anyone that regularly stocks 11x14 FP4 Plus. Your best best is to contact the dealers who participate in the ULF program to see if by chance any of them kept some extra for stock from last year's run.
    I recall the MOQ is much lower than Kodak's, but still in the low 4-figure category - a couple of thousand GBP - this might have changed however.

Check the prices at The View Camera Store. His prices are often the lowest of any store carrying the ULF special order, and he is in Phoenix so shipping should be cheaper.

Another supplier to check with is Badger Graphic. The price I paid for my 7x17 HP5+ is a few dollars lower per box than The View Camera Store. Either retailer should be a good source.

FWIW,

Ed

Eliseo Pascual

Adox makes 11x14 sheet film (and other ULF formats) CHS 100 II (100 ASA), a very fine film. It is made by former Agfa personnel with Agfa specifications It can be requested to Fotoimpex in Berlin - have a page in English -. At his time Adox is moving his film factory to Switzerland and readiyng a new film coating machine that have gotten from Ilford and 11x14 film is momentarily unavailable, but they claim that it will be in the first half of 2017, so it may be soon. You can also check the Adox page that is also in English. Cheers!!