Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenswork Folios

Re: Lenswork Folios

We are a little closer in makeing this happen. I have pm'd those of you who pm'd me. Please let me know the quantities.

A couple of things have been finalized - sizes and prices. The 8x10 size will be $3 and the 11x14 size will be $3.25. Obviously, shipping will be extra. I will ship the least expensive way possible, but at this time, it's tough to know the actual cost. This is purely a guess, but I'm guessing that rates here in the US will be anywhere from $8 up to $25 depending on quanities and distance from WI. For those of you overseas, I'll work with you on trying to figure the most economical possible to do this.

I know this project will happen, what I need from those of you who expressed interest is a tally of folios you would like. And from those of who gave a figure, please confirm the number and sizes. I need this info so I can order the cover stock. I'm not asking for any funds here, just some final numbers. I realize tha some people might have to drop out of this project, that shouldn't be problem with the response I've received.

I've pretty much emptied out my LF mailbox so you could send the info there. If at this time you would like to give me an address and phone number, I'll get my file of info started so when it comes to shipping, I'll be ready.

I'll throw this out there also. This is not a money making deal for me. By the time I put my time and effort into this, I'm sure I won't have an extra 2 cents. But I'm not concerned with that. I've wanted to do some folios for a while and I figured that this idea just might fly on this board and it looks like it will. What I'm getting at here, is if I take paypal, I would need the 3% covered. Hope that is OK with everyone. Otherwise checks are fine. And again, not asking for any funds here, just letting everyone know. Hope that is agreeable.

If my LF mailbox fills up or if you prefer, you can email me at jimbecia at aol. com.

Now I know the final costs and I hope I've answered all the questions. If I can answer any other questions or concerns, please let me know. Thanks. Jim Becia

Jim, count me in for 25 each of the 8.5 x 11 and 11x14. And thank you very much for your efforts.

Mike Sebastian
    Last edited by MikeSeb; 29-Jan-2009 at 08:34. Reason: clarity
    Mike Sebastian
    website | blog

Jim,
    Great idea. Count on me for 25 of each size.
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    We are a little closer in makeing this happen. I have pm'd those of you who pm'd me. Please let me know the quantities.

A couple of things have been finalized - sizes and prices. The 8x10 size will be $3 and the 11x14 size will be $3.25. Obviously, shipping will be extra. I will ship the least expensive way possible, but at this time, it's tough to know the actual cost. This is purely a guess, but I'm guessing that rates here in the US will be anywhere from $8 up to $25 depending on quanities and distance from WI. For those of you overseas, I'll work with you on trying to figure the most economical possible to do this.

I know this project will happen, what I need from those of you who expressed interest is a tally of folios you would like. And from those of who gave a figure, please confirm the number and sizes. I need this info so I can order the cover stock. I'm not asking for any funds here, just some final numbers. I realize tha some people might have to drop out of this project, that shouldn't be problem with the response I've received.

I've pretty much emptied out my LF mailbox so you could send the info there. If at this time you would like to give me an address and phone number, I'll get my file of info started so when it comes to shipping, I'll be ready.

I'll throw this out there also. This is not a money making deal for me. By the time I put my time and effort into this, I'm sure I won't have an extra 2 cents. But I'm not concerned with that. I've wanted to do some folios for a while and I figured that this idea just might fly on this board and it looks like it will. What I'm getting at here, is if I take paypal, I would need the 3% covered. Hope that is OK with everyone. Otherwise checks are fine. And again, not asking for any funds here, just letting everyone know. Hope that is agreeable.

If my LF mailbox fills up or if you prefer, you can email me at jimbecia at aol. com.

Now I know the final costs and I hope I've answered all the questions. If I can answer any other questions or concerns, please let me know. Thanks. Jim Becia
    Jim,

My guess is that USPS flat rate shipping would be the least expensive method to ship with (at least in the US) since you can get free shipping boxes from USPS.

Don Bryant

I'm interested too. Count me in for 50.
    Laurent

I'd be interested in these Jim, thanks for getting this together.
    -Brad

OK, I think I have pm'd everyone or emailed everyone concerning the folios. Prices and sizes have been set. What I need from you (as mentioned in the pm's or emails) are some final numbers. For those of you who have reconfirmed, thanks, you are all set.

The following have confirmed their numbers:

clay harmon
    merg ross
    michael rosenberg
    zphoto
    jackies
    kirk gitings
    jeff graves
    richard wasserman
    jim kitchen
    will wilson
    ted stoddard
    richard a johnson
    steve gledhill
    brchambe
    pat kearns
    andrewl9
    michael gordon
    don hutton
    mike seb
    rj
    randy larson
    jay w

If you do not see your name listed, I need to hear final numbers and sizes asap for the cover stock order. I have a few people ask about reordering later. I have no idea if there will be second run. I suppose it could happen, it would certainly depend on demand. I'm hoping that we get this order taken care of and see how it goes.

If this goes well, maybe down the line we could try a 16X20 size of maybe something in a panoramic size.

Let me tell you what I have in mind for a time frame. I was supposed to be out shooting for three weeks in the west and it has been delayed. My plans are still to head west within a couple of weeks. I would like to get the cover stock ordered so that it is here when I return ( sometime towards the end of Feb.) Then production would start and the folios finished sometime in mid March. Hope that sounds ok with everyone.

Again, the response has been great, but I need to hear from those of you not listed above. Any other questions?

Oh, for those of you in the UK. I'm wondering if shipping everything to one address and then having it sent from there would be less expensive than shipping several individual packages to the UK. Let me know.

Thanks. Jim Becia

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post

Oh, for those of you in the UK. I'm wondering if shipping everything to one address and then having it sent from there would be less expensive than shipping several individual packages to the UK. Let me know.

Thanks. Jim Becia
    Jim,

I'm in discussion with Colin Myers here about a single shipment. If anyone else in the UK wants to join in with a single shipment then let Colin or me know and we can do the coordination thing.

16x20 would be great. I would also love to have 14x17 which would be great for mounted 8x10s.

Jim you are awesome for organizing this!!!
    Will Wilson
    www.willwilson.com

sent an email with my final numbers