Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epson 7600, Ink Clog?

Epson 7600, Ink Clog?

Hello all:

My husband and I just bought a used Epson 7600. It had been sitting for awhile, so I purchased some Piezoflush from Inkjetmall. I've done a number of power-cleans, and all of the cartridges have flushed out except for the magenta. The flush doesn't seem to be making its way through the magenta ink-piping at all, and the nozzle checks come out completely clear (meaning, no ink is printing whatsoever).

Any ideas, hints, tricks?

Re: Epson 7600, Ink Clog?

Let it sit over night with the flush, do a power clean or two, let it sit again over night, clean again... etc... the fluid needs time to disolve any dried ink in the system.
    If none of that works you may need to remove that line from the head and damper, replace the damper, and/or pull the flush fluid into the line by attaching a syringe at that end of the line and pulling it through.
    In fact replacing the dampers would be a great idea, they are cheap.
    The folks at IJM can point you to instructions on any of the above. This stuff is not as hard as it sounds, but you'll need a service manual also.
    Tyler

Great! We'll try that. Fingers crossed that it's as easy as letting it sit...

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by duckrabbit View Post
    Great! We'll try that. Fingers crossed that it's as easy as letting it sit...

Thank you.
    Tyler's suggestion is a good one. However, I will add that often my 9600 needed much more cleaning than I thought possible. If you haven't gotten the knowledge of how to get in the maintenance menus, and work in there, you should. There are more powerful cleaning cycles inside of there, and better test prints (nozzle type checks).

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

What are peoples thinking about this problem in 2011. I've been given a 7600 with little use but has been sitting idle for an unknown length of time. Two channels are almost completely blocked and I am running out of ink for more power cleanings. I have done the Windex trip a few times and one of the clogs has actually gotten worse.

What I want to do with this is get it working and park it safely for awhile-maybe a year even-and the convert it over to Cone inks.

I have one 3800 PZ printer running now so I'm not in a huge hurry to get this converted-I just want to get it running before it clogs worse. Cash flow is an issue for the next few months (maybe 6). So I would like to do it on the cheap. I don't want to drop allot of $ into this if I cannot clear the clogs.

Does this method have any validity?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Kirk,

I can suggest a fairly inexpensive solution. You may or may not have noticed that I have a set of Cone cartridges for sale for the Epson 7600. See the add in the For Sale section. You could buy (or mix) some flushing solution and run this through the printer. Flushing will probably clear the printer, if not you can run the flushing cycle again and allow the flushing solution to remain in the printer until you decide to convert it to PZ.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

I had not seen that listing. That is very tempting. What can you tell me about mixing my own flushing solution?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    I had not seen that listing. That is very tempting. What can you tell me about mixing my own flushing solution?
    Kirk,

A fellow on the Yahoo forum on large carriage printers gave me this formula.

90% distilledwater
    5% isopropyl alchohol
    5% pure household ammonia

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io

Thanks. I will take the carts. Give me a final price with the cheapest shipping. Thanks.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Thanks. I will take the carts. Give me a final price with the cheapest shipping. Thanks.

OK. The carts are yours.

Sandy