Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Oceano Dunes Get Together In Honor of Per Volquartz

Re: Oceano Dunes Get Together In Honor of Per Volquartz

Quote Originally Posted by seabee1999 View Post
    My portion of the trip would only be one day, Saturday the 25th. Sorry, I cannot be a part of the lodging portion.

David
    David,

Are you arriving in the morning?

Asher

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
    David,

Are you arriving in the morning?

Asher
    Yes, I will. My wife will be with me too.

David

Landscape/Still Life

Ok guys its only 15 days until the gathering last minute things are going into place and meeting places are being arranged so please send out heads up to asher if you want to stay at the houses he is setting up! also i need a volunteer to discuss camera movements for some of the people that are coming! Any Volunteers? thanks Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Stoddard View Post
    Ok guys its only 15 days until the gathering last minute things are going into place and meeting places are being arranged so please send out heads up to asher if you want to stay at the houses he is setting up! also i need a volunteer to discuss camera movements for some of the people that are coming! Any Volunteers? thanks Ted

Folks,

We have approx 13 folks coming, 3-6 camping. Would more come if we went through saturday and sunday?

If there are only up to 6 per guest house, then the rate drops to essentially $145 per night to split 6 ways, 5 ways or 4 ways!

Since we have a great kitchen, laundry room and super outside area for eating together, this is an ideal location. However, we need to finalize arrangements.

Jim is busy preparing for a solo show and I have a LOT of printing to do.

"I can bring some prints to show and if anyone is interested they are more than welcome to come visit me on Sunday at my apartment/studio/darkroom and watch me print. Kind of like a free carbon printing tour. I may bring the 8x10 and shoot or I may not shoot. I have a backlog of over 60 negatives to print and then curate them for inclusion in the show. Creating more negatives is something I don't need right now but if the light is right.....?
    I'll be there to see everyone and hang out for a while. May shoot may not and I'll show prints but just a few. Then I have to get back to work." Jim Fitzgerald

So this sounds like a treat and would be an incentive for some of us to stay longer.

Meanwhile, here's Eddie Gunks last set of pictures with Per at the last Tonoppah Temptation workshop in May 2011. The last images showing Per silhouetted against his beloved landscape is a wonderful reminder of this very thoughtful and fine man who touched so many of us with his example and generous sharing of his love of photography.

Those who have been hanging around, making up your minds, better tell us whether or not you are actually coming! We want to make sure everyone is accommodated with excellent hospitality! Please help us finalize arrangements. Contact Ted or myself. Editor.opfATmac.com replace AT with @

Asher

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Asher, where is the central meeting area? What is the schedule of when we will meet to show prints? Is there and itinerary? In short what is the plan? This has to be worked out other wise it will be a mess. Also do you guys have a list of who is coming after all we are at 18 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Asher, where is the central meeting area? What is the schedule of when we will meet to show prints? Is there and itinerary? In short what is the plan? This has to be worked out other wise it will be a mess. Also do you guys have a list of who is coming after all we are at 18 pages.
    Hello Jim,

The plan is to use one of our rental homes as a central meeting place. Ted and I plan to arrive the night before to set things up. I need help from locals as far as paths and areas best for the ULF cameras so that goals are obtainable. Also we'll work out what time we will be starting each day and joint dinners and sharing of prints. Hopefully, we'll finalize things over the weekend.

Everyone has been contacted who gave interest in joining us. We do need the courtesy of replies from everyone to confirm their plans. This is not my show. I'm just helping out Ted! I'm glad to do that but we do need the guys to pitch in too! I can help in arrangements to make up for everyone's help in making this a photographic success in remembering s man that profoundly influenced so many others he came into contact with.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Asher

As Jim has pointed out, we've had 18 pages of great interest and enthusiasm for the Oceano Dunes shoot and Print show at Pismo Beach Friday February 24th to Sunday February 26th.

You all have been touched by Per in some lasting way and know of his qualities over a long period of workshops, shoots and teaching sessions. I am the least among you all, as I only spent time, one on one, with Per Volquartz in the very last workshop he added his strengths to. Even then, I was pulled in to his side and he made an impression of so many qualities that if one would emulate and fulfill in part, one would be a better photographer and person. Watching Per interact quietly and modestly with so many photographers, giving each of us something, a hint, a smile, an adjustment, a gesture with his cane to demonstrate better Schleimflug or turning over a rock to examine the very soil of the earth he loved, was an unforgettable experience.

I just discovered this video of Per's Memorial Service last year, which attests to the far reach of his passion for photography, artistic skill and devotion to his family, students and colleagues.

Folk have their own family, many commitments and we're all busy, LOL! Still Ted and I need to arrange things, so everyone will have accommodation, food when needed and a great schedule.

We are still waiting for the following friends of Per to confirm attendance:

Sirius Glass
    Curt
    ghostcount
    Slideshow Bob
    Robert Oliver
    Brian Vuillemenot
    Madmax12
    Hugo Zhang

Let Ted or I know if you have any questions.

You prompt responses are needed ASAP for us to go ahead and finalize our arrangements for common meeting areas and the program.

Ted Stoddard and Asher Kelman

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Asher, I can speak for Curt as he told me that he and his wife will be in Italy for their anniversary at that time. I'll be up on Friday ad stay till Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Asher, I can speak for Curt as he told me that he and his wife will be in Italy for their anniversary at that time. I'll be up on Friday ad stay till Saturday.
    Jim,

Giving us this info is so helpful.

Thanks,

Asher

Landscape/Still Life

The best part of this gathering has yet to come and my surprise for everyone will throw most if not all for a loop with that said please confirm for this it would be greatly appreciated!

Ted