Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cezanne Elite

Cezanne Elite

Hi all, need some help if possible pls. Have an Elite, just setting up, and am having a connection problem. G5, 10.3.7, 4gb, 29160N scsi card, 1.2 driver (cannot find a 1.3beta yet). When the the computer is not connected to the scanner, it shows the scsi card in the info panel. When I connect the scanner (turned on first), sometimes the scsi card shows, sometimes not. Scanner is set to ID #0. Any suggestions?
    Also, Server app will not start, shows error (-43): file missing. A log comes on the screen but is covered by another panel too quickly for me to read. Any idea of the file it is looking for, or possible problem?

many thanks in advance

Bruce

Re: Cezanne Elite

With scsi, you need to terminate the last connector in the chain on the cable. Have you done that? The terminator is a special plug.

Guilherme Maranhão coisasdavida's Avatar

I would update do 10.3.9 before trying anything else.

Yes, terminated

Guilherme Maranhão coisasdavida's Avatar

One other thing that could work better in a G5 is OS 10.5 and a matching update from http://www.screen.co.jp/ga_dtp/en/do...ner%20Software

Screen has some info on various SCSI cards in the readme files for some of the updates on their download page.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Hello again, sorry to take so long to get back to you all, but been a bit busy. I installed 10.5 as suggested, but Adaptec do not have a driver for that version for the 29160N card, so went back to 10.3 and the appropriate driver, and that has recognized the scanner (Elite). Installed CG 2.0 ok, however, on starting the Server, once again I get a "***Fatal error: (-43) File missing, could not start Server."
    Any suggestions on the problem? Maybe a corrupt install file?
    Many thanks
    Bruce

Cezanne Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Clickwrr View Post
    Hello again, sorry to take so long to get back to you all, but been a bit busy. I installed 10.5 as suggested, but Adaptec do not have a driver for that version for the 29160N card, so went back to 10.3 and the appropriate driver, and that has recognized the scanner (Elite). Installed CG 2.0 ok, however, on starting the Server, once again I get a "***Fatal error: (-43) File missing, could not start Server."
    Any suggestions on the problem? Maybe a corrupt install file?
    Many thanks
    Bruce
    Did you update the firmware? Seems that there are delicate combinations of OS, Firmware and Software that work with certain SCSI drivers - it all seems a mystery except where there are mentioned specific SCSI connectors on the update page. You might want to reach out to Screen customer support.
    Last edited by angusparker; 20-Jul-2014 at 16:35. Reason: dd

Hi,

I've been very busy as well, which is why I do not get around to look into this forum very often these days. However, I can probably help you. I am running OSX 10.3 with the 29160 and CG2EX on a G4 and had similar trouble before.

First, I am not sure which of the drivers for the Adaptec card I am currently using, but I think I am using the beta version:

http://www.adaptec.com/de-de/speed/m...3beta1_hqx.htm

Most important thing that you should note from the documentation of the Color Genius Updates: all updates are incremental! You need them ALL and install them ONE AFTER THE OTHER. Problem is: update 2.11 is not available online and if you start with 2.04 as I did, you are lost. Luckily, I got the missing update via mail from Screen, but only in german. I am not sure it will help you, but I can upload it anyway in the next days.

Second, at least for german versions, the link to one update leads to a broken file in the english version of the website. I think it was 2.13. Use the japanese website to download all updates.

Third: do not update higher than advised! I think for OSX 10.3, the limit is 2.11 oder 2.13. Look into the respective readme files plz.

And fourth: many updte steps require a corresponding update of the firmware of the scanner. I updated to the latest version without having a problem with any of the Color Genius versions, so thats what I would do.

Best wishes,
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Christian-NRW View Post
    I updated to the latest version without having a problem with any of the Color Genius versions, so thats what I would do.
    Thank you for this info. I think I'm going to go back to CG1 for now on another HDD because I do not like a certain aspect of CG2. I was worried it wouldn't work due to a firmware update I did. Will have to check (open up the Mac and swap drives).
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome