Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Feedback on moderation

(Shrek)

Re: Feedback on moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    I am not "suggesting", I am stating clearly and emphatically: the interpretations drawn and statements made in response to Ralph's post were false and defamatory..
    The words and actions of the moderators in the last 2 days serve to legitimize the actions of a group of people on the USA who have decided to make Transgender folk this year's lightning rod in the neverending culture wars. Tragically, this culture of hatred results in Trans people being assaulted and murdered, stigmatized and driven to suicide, for a genetic accident that resulted in their birth. "KKK & ISIS" puts the mods here firmly on the wrong side of that culture war, on the side of hatred and stigmatization.

My wife and I both carry genes that could result in an intersex child, and would have, 20 or 30 years ago. But this is 2016. There's a little white pill she can take now, and we had the genetic screening done. When i read some of the stories, they were the story of my own child, but for the timing of my own birth. These statements are fact, not politics, and I have little tolerance for those who would make it otherwise.

Richard's project represents the very best of what photography can be. What I aspire to be. It has heart and conscience. It is no accident that virtually all of the memorable photographs of the 20th century were 'political'. That's it, I'm done.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jody_S View Post
    The words and actions of the moderators in the last 2 days serve to legitimize the actions of a group of people on the USA who have decided to make Transgender folk this year's lightning rod in the neverending culture wars. Tragically, this culture of hatred results in Trans people being assaulted and murdered, stigmatized and driven to suicide, for a genetic accident that resulted in their birth. "KKK & ISIS" puts the mods here firmly on the wrong side of that culture war, on the side of hatred and stigmatization.

My wife and I both carry genes that could result in an intersex child, and would have, 20 or 30 years ago. But this is 2016. There's a little white pill she can take now, and we had the genetic screening done. When i read some of the stories, they were the story of my own child, but for the timing of my own birth. These statements are fact, not politics, and I have little tolerance for those who would make it otherwise.

Richard's project represents the very best of what photography can be. What I aspire to be. It has heart and conscience. It is no accident that virtually all of the memorable photographs of the 20th century were 'political'. That's it, I'm done.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Well stated.

I've now talked to a dozen people whose justification for no longer participating in or contributing to this forum is the moderators' position on richardman's photographs. Maybe the moderators don't care to have users for whom this is an issue - that's their prerogative. Maybe it's a tiny blip in the number of users here. I truly hope it doesn't lead to the stagnation of what has otherwise been an incredibly useful resource.

Our respective positions are clearly stated, but we are talking past each other and generating only heat, without light.

This topic is closed. Further belaboring of it will be deleted and, if repeated, will result in banning.