Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Format Photography - 2010 Survey

Re: Large Format Photography - 2010 Survey

Has anyone taken the time to see his website? Besides me?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Has anyone taken the time to see his website? Besides me?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Better yet, why not let him volunteer the reason.

I'm with Gem, Bryan and Bob on this, for similar concerns.
    Really, though, what are you guys afraid of? What do you think's going to happen to you?

Well, a couple of thoughts.

The OP is not a known member of the community, this would have gone far more smoothly if he had at least some history.

It's likely he's just attempting to fit in quickly, patience grasshopper....

The questions are pretty innoculus and other than i declined to give an email address I'm not too worried.

Bob

Well, I have half a mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Pawlowski6132 View Post
    Really, though, what are you guys afraid of? What do you think's going to happen to you?
    Really not afraid of anything, Pawlowski, jut a question of propriety. While infocast.nl might plant a cookie or be phishing for info, my best guess on the purpose of the post is this: bjdejong is a website/blog owner who includes advertisement on his page to produce some income (not that this kind of advertising produces any big $$$). The more traffic he can direct to his site/blog, the more income. Having no prior history with the Large Format Photography Forum makes it appear that the only purpose for the survey is to direct traffic to his site. He has never engaged in any discussions or shared any images on this forum, only asked (in his very first post) that we visit his site and take a survey (and then re-visit the site to see the results of the survey).

And BTW, when you name your photography site "infopost.nl", then ask people to visit it and take a survey, why would you NOT think that it might arouse suspicion?

Octogenarian

Pawlowski,

More likely than not, this is a perfectly innocent attempt by the OP to take a survey.

Best case: we helped a guy bring a gizmo to market that will revolutionize LF photography.

Worst case: by clicking on his link, we are planting a worm or virus in our computers that will eventually destroy our hard drives (I've had this happen). We will then be in for a time consuming, expensive repair, or possibly, a new computer.

Is it worth the gamble?

Quote Originally Posted by Pawlowski6132 View Post
    I am not living in fear. It is simply that as a contributor to this forum, I am puzzled by this initial post. How has the individual contributed anything meaningful to this forum to date?

For those who love to answer surveys, have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gem Singer View Post
    Pawlowski,

More likely than not, this is a perfectly innocent attempt by the OP to take a survey.

Best case: we helped a guy bring a gizmo to market that will revolutionize LF photography.

Worst case: by clicking on his link, we are planting a worm or virus in our computers that will eventually destroy our hard drives (I've had this happen). We will then be in for a time consuming, expensive repair, or possibly, a new computer.

Is it worth the gamble?
    1. The link to the survey isn't a link to his site, but rather a quick and easy survey-making website, kwiksurveys.com. It is the survey-making/taking site that has the advertisements, NOT the OP's website. If you click on the ads, kwiksurveys makes money, not the OP. LOL

2. My virus scanner did not detect anything harmful. No problems there. Most viruses are harmless anyway, and can be removed very easily.

3. Cookies are everywhere, and you can turn them off, and/or delete them.

I am willing to stand up and being counted as a LF shooter.

I use nearly discontinued film and ancient glass so I don't think I'm aiding any modern manufacturer. I'm urging other LF shooters to take the survey - I'm interested in seeing the results!

People, settle down.

This BJ seems to be an amateur photographer with an interest in finding out what others do. No harm done.

I just wished he spent more time at his real job and get my WK stock value back up!

Barend Jan, welkom laat eens wat werk zien op de forum!