Page 313 of 329 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3285

Thread: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Re: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    This appears to have a universal iris clamp on it, which sweetens the value a bit for whoever got it.
    There's an iris clamp big enough for a 16-inch Vitax? I think I'd rather have a flange than trust such a front-heavy lens to a clamp!
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Some pictorial/soft lens results from Breker auctions to-day!

The sold prices are without commission fees and in Euros. Ill do the conversion when I have some time on Sunday!I have done the conversion to usd. Note that the percentage to be added to the basic Euro price is 28.92 % which includes auction commission, internet platform fees and the VAT on this amount!

488. Dallmeyer 4B original style 2800€ (3771 usd)

493. Dallmeyer 3B turn front. 1100€ (1482 usd)

498. Cooke IIa F3.5 307mm. 1400€ (1886 usd)

541. De Pullingy Adjust. Landscape check tomorrow! ((1010 usd)

562. Rodenstock Monar (with no. 6 Busch Aplanat.) 400€ (538 usd)

569. Imagon set in box 250mm 160€. (216 usd)

I counted 48 unsold lots amongst the brass lenses on offer, which is a similar figure to the last auction. Anything with a known name was unrealistical high in starting price and estimated selling range. But the interest for things like triple achromats and actinic doublets is quite low! There were a lot of Voigtlander Petzvals which sold quite well. There was a studio group set of the rapid Busch Petzvals, sizes up to a big 400mm. No name" Petzvals found few buyers.

I consider it unprofessional of Breker to just have a single photograph of their lots. Room bidders are given an enormous advantage and it is impossible to judge condition - their grading system is not enough.
    Last edited by Steven Tribe; 26-Sep-2017 at 13:34. Reason: condition problems!

good prices. well, except the cooke maybe (wenn under market price in my opinion)...

didnt know the Monar was a soft focus lens(?) as far as i know its pure petzval design..?

the Hugo Meyer Goerlitz Schnellarbeiter (not Busch), were sold for solig prices. all went to one bidder (which i didnt know btw).

Sorry about the Meyer mistake! The Monar has called a soft lens before here but I know nothing about the construction.

I thought you might be reporting the Voigtlander Universal Heliar 36cm which went for £1,000 to-day. Will work out the usd price ( with fees) tomorrow. This was a saleroom/internet UK auction and this was the only photographic item. But it had been found by other bidders than yours truely!

Original box - but no flange!

Quinn's Auction Galleries Central Virginia 26. Sep. 2017
    P & S Visual Quality. Semi-achromatic; 13 inch (132334663535) = US $3.000,00 +20, 25 or 29% fees depending on bidding and payment
    P & S Visual Quality. Series IV f4.5. No. 3. 14 inch (132334663177) = US $2.300,00 +20, 25 or 29% fees depending on bidding and payment

Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    Quinn's Auction Galleries Central Virginia 26. Sep. 2017...
    That was quite an auction, but the lenses were very poorly described, the pricing was uncertain with those variable premiums, the "live auction" format was confusing, and shipping was "pick it up or hire an outside party to ship it". I ended up not bidding at all, though I had signed up.

I was especially curious about one item (132334663136), a CC Harrison "conical lens", (no further description given). It may have been a Landscape Lens in a conical housing, which I've seen somewhat similar examples of by other makers. Or it may have been a telescope eyepiece, judging from the closing device which were common to protect the eyepiece lens on a telescope from the elements, (see second picture). Anyone have a clue?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (250).jpg   il_340x270_1254128702_kwei.jpg  
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    That was quite an auction, but the lenses were very poorly described, the pricing was uncertain with those variable premiums, the "live auction" format was confusing, and shipping was "pick it up or hire an outside party to ship it". I ended up not bidding at all, though I had signed up.

I was especially curious about one item (132334663136), a CC Harrison "conical lens", (no further description given). It may have been a Landscape Lens in a conical housing, which I've seen somewhat similar examples of by other makers. Or it may have been a telescope eyepiece, judging from the closing device which were common to protect the eyepiece lens on a telescope from the elements, (see second picture). Anyone have a clue?
    Shape like british and french landscape lenses but this one it's a french made landscape lens.
    Botton a ferrotype of mine branded by Richebourg.

...in Instagram as ATELIER PETZVAL.

So similar that I'll go with it being a landscape lens. Thank you, anachromatic!

Definitely, a landscape meniscus. Telescopes have push-in, rather than "swing" plates.

And the flange ring with reduced diameter of the concealed flange thread is just like every other photographic lens.

Finally, no telescope manufacturer has ever engraved this part.

Eidoscope of the amateur variety!

Hermagis set of lenses making a 150mm Eidoscope in the original casket. No included shutter like the Busch Unicum set. About 1925, so perhaps for a dial Compur? Havn't seen this set before. The normal 150mm is described as being OK for 6x9cm, whilst the casket set talks about up to 9x12cm!

Ebay 132334508928. 709 usd.