Page 30 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

I purchased a 9"x11" sheet of 3mm P99 Acrylite (a whoppin' $8) to use as a hold down tray (the one that came with my scanner is now quite scratched). After approximately 10 scans of 4x5 at 4000 spi (B&W and E-6), the material appears to function fine. No Newton rings. I'll let you know if any issues arise in the future.

So, at $38 for the replacement platen and $8 for a hold down tray, the P99 appears to be a very economical solution. I can now retire my Kami fluid.
    Peter Y.

That's great to know. My clam shell holders work well for 4x5, but they're not ideal for strips of film. It's time to make a new scanning bed.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I work for a printing company and we have a Screen Cezanne FT-S5000 scanner that we would like to sell. Where can I sell this? Any idea of its value?

Includes Power Mac 9600, 192M, 4G hard drive, OS 8.5, Color Scope Pro 3, Radius 20e monitor. Works fine.

Thanks for any info.

You can post in the classifieds here, and/or try Ebay, Craigslist...

Condition is very important. Does the bed have scratches? How Old are the bulbs? Is the calibration strip in good repair? What accessories are included? What is your location? (I'm not asking you to answer those questions here, but those are some of the questions that you would want to answer.)

I paid $900 for mine, which included Color Genius V1. That doesn't include travel costs to pick it up, which were considerable.

The software included isn't that desirable. Color Genius would be better.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Jones View Post
    I work for a printing company and we have a Screen Cezanne FT-S5000 scanner that we would like to sell. Where can I sell this? Any idea of its value?

Includes Power Mac 9600, 192M, 4G hard drive, OS 8.5, Color Scope Pro 3, Radius 20e monitor. Works fine.

Thanks for any info.
    Location of the scanner would be very useful.

My 5000 was accessory loaded with spares at $1700.

bob

Hi everyone,

It seems I can't get a sharp scan with my Cezanne, no matter what I try.

I'm scanning negs, using the black overlay and the anti-newton rings tray. Sharpening is turned off in Color Genius.

I did a comparison between the Cezanne and a Nikon Super Coolscan 9000. The Nikon is much sharper. (And resolves highlights and details well, unlike the Cezanne. But that's another debate). I've even tried to force the Cezanne to focus on the neg itself by making the trim area slightly smaller, to avoid the edge of the black overlay mask. The neg is contrasty and I know the Cezanne should have no trouble focusing properly on it. But it doesn't.

Is there a trick?

Thanks

MD

Hm. I don't know why your scans aren't sharp. I used to have a Nikon film scanner, and my Cezanne gives me better results all around.

There are a number of different settings at various places in Color Genius software that need to be correct. For instance, in setup you can specify whether you want high quality or high speed. As a result, you might want to peruse the manual and double check all of your settings on the various menus.

Can you post an example, along with a couple of screen captures of the scan settings?
    Peter Y.

Thanks Peter.

There is a "high productivity" mode accessible via the "Setting expand" button. I did turn that off to check if it had an effect on my tests. Nothing changed, scans are still a fair bit softer than the Nikon.

I'm still looking and will report back when/if I find the issue.

MD
    PS. I know there is an adjustment than can be made to the "resin bearings"; the small white rollers on which the scanning bed rolls during scanning. I haven't touched this at all and the scanner now scans soft.

Here is a gif showing the difference between the Cezanne and the Nikon. I'll post screen grabs of my Color Genius settings shortly.