Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Reference Books do you use?

Re: What Reference Books do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    There's ways to expose a center filter on film, where the falloff replicates what is needed... Been a long time ago for me, but can be thought through to process...

Steve K
    Yes there is and I could print one on my MFC, but it was way faster and more fun to doodle one. I still use it.

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    Back to the question, I guess that reference books that you will refer to (thanks IC), would be a keeper, plenty of dated 70/80/90's magazine publisher paperback-like books like "how to photograph models" can go, stuff that you won't get back to like maybe hand coloring etc, getting rid of old stacks of magazines like Shutterbug, PDN, Pop or Modern Photography, Peter Lik books (burn), other larger coffee table books of other people's work you won't look at again (you just missed the window of gifting these away to curse friends, relatives, etc for Xmas), etc...

A donation to a good local or school library will make you feel good, and others can enjoy/learn...

Happy editing!!!

Steve K
    Nobody wants them or any books. Try it sometime. Bookstores used to buy books by the pound, now they cannot buy any or stay in business.

I recycle in the next town over as my village doesn't recycle anything. I wait until the pickup truck is 1/2 full... I fear they will stop as China no longer wants our cardboard or paper.

I'm sure some people use Mac Book for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Nobody wants them or any books. Try it sometime. Bookstores used to buy books by the pound, now they cannot buy any or stay in business.

I recycle in the next town over as my village doesn't recycle anything. I wait until the pickup truck is 1/2 full... I fear they will stop as China no longer wants our cardboard or paper.
    Fer sure!!! Currently in the process of editing over a 100 file size boxes of art/design/photo books, and even books that were worth $100's of $$$ can have trouble selling now... Downward trend now, but maybe later??? But nothing like a good book!!!

Great stuff, though!!!

Steve K

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    [...]I recently received a gift SPSE Handbook of Photographic Science and Engineering.1416 pages of real data. Thanks, Jac!
    You are welcome, and Dan Fromm recently purchased one. Purchased! We got one up on Dan! Yours was free!

Enjoy, my brother.
    Jac

(I have a case of 38mm Biogons next to the recycle bin ready to toss.)

LOL Where is that bin????

It's very hard to get one up on Dan.

btw, I respect Dan Fromm, Jac Stafford and nearly everyone on this forum.

My only regret is finding LF late in life...

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    You are welcome, and Dan Fromm recently purchased one. Purchased! We got one up on Dan! Yours was free!

Enjoy, my brother.
    Jac

(I have a case of 38mm Biogons next to the recycle bin ready to toss.)

My chief technical reference material is the data sheets from the manufacturers of film, paper and chemistry.