Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-6 closes down in Durango

E-6 closes down in Durango

Southern Lights in Durango, CO, has closed down their E-6 processing service. It is a shame because Ralph was a fanatic about quality and the Fuji dip-n-dunk was able to process my 8x10 transparencies. Besides it was a convenient hour's drive from here to the "big city".

Now it is time to search out a less convenient E-6 service. Looks like the nearest is Reed Photo in Denver. This must be an omen telling me to shoot more B&W with my 8x10.

Too many transparency shooters have digital and too few customers left for the E-6 labs! And now we have lost another.
    Last edited by al olson; 22-Oct-2008 at 05:30. Reason: Add text
    al

Re: E-6 closes down in Durango

Al - it's not any more convenient for you, but there's also Denver Digital Imaging Center (The Slideprinter) in Denver. I've used them for 35mm and have been happy with the results. Looks like they do 4x5, but I'm not sure about 8x10.

Duane

The Slideprinter doesn't do 8x10 E-6 processing. You might try Photo Craft in Boulder. Their web site indicates they do 8x10 E-6.

Preston Birdwell

Al,

You might consider A&I in Los Angeles. They do LF E-6 up to 8x10. I've used them for several years and have received great service. Highly recommended.

A&I Homepage

Be sure to look at their 'Mail Order Services' page for instructions.

-Preston
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Terence

After seeing the aspens in Durango last week, it would be criminal to shoot only black & white. And I'm a guy who shoots 99.9% B&W.

Dagabel and Mark,

Just had a phone call from Sandy Robbins of The Slide Printer. They are acquiring the E-6 processor from Southern Lights and were given a referral to me as a potential customer. Sandy assures me that their systems process all sizes up to 8x10.

They are conveniently close to Denver Pro Photo to whom I always make a pilgrimage when I am in the city. A ritual that requires the sacrifice of money.

Terence,

Glad you could make it for the Aspens around Durango. I did some photo work around Silverton over a week ago. All but two sheets were b&w. But I did have a model in the foreground! Anyway I have way too many color Aspen images. What to do with them?
    al

I just switched to Photocraft in Boulder after Accent in Colorado Springs closed their E-6. So far, the results are much better than what I was getting at Accent. I'm pretty sure they do 8X10. If not, Reed is well respected.

About half my friends shooting LF use slideprinter and half use photocraft. Both have good reputations.

I have found Photocraft in Boulder to be excellent and recommend them.

Thanks for that bit of news Al. The Slideprinter's location is very convenient for me. I'll half to ask about 8x10 E-6 next time I'm there.

Thumbs up Re: E-6 closes down in Durango

The slidprinter does do 8x10 e6.
    There are 4 local 8x10 e6 labs in the Denver area;
    slideprinter
    Reed
    Photocraft
    & us; www.dr5.com

We also do up 10 11x14 B&W :>)

regards
    dw

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stahlke View Post
    The Slideprinter doesn't do 8x10 E-6 processing. You might try Photo Craft in Boulder. Their web site indicates they do 8x10 E-6.