Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Objectification of human subjects

Re: Objectification of human subjects

Amazing. 2017?
    Principal Unix System Engineer, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Straight men like looking at nude women. Gay men like looking at nude men. We men are wired visually.

I think Leigh has a good point!
    WTF? Who are you people?

You're absolutely correct, of course. It makes me physically sick to even think about looking at Michelangelo's David, and needless to say, I never would take a picture of it -- even if given a chance. xkaes
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    WTF? Who are you people?
    Naked men are repugnant to me too. I guess I'm a bit phobic. Attractive ladies... I can look at them all day. I can't help who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    You're absolutely correct, of course. It makes me physically sick to even think about looking at Michelangelo's David, and needless to say, I never would take a picture of it -- even if given a chance.
    You guys REALLY need to stay up late and watch Stephen Colbert or Saturday Night Live, one of these nights. How do YOU spell S-A-R-C-A-S-M???
    Last edited by xkaes; 1-Nov-2017 at 13:00.

The hypocrisy on this subect abounds. I just saw the teaser for today's episode of The Talk. The ladies preach ad nauseam about the objectification of females, but were practically drooling while gazing at the six-pack of one of today's guests. Although I have only watched a few episodes of the show, it's not the first time I have seen this behavior on their part in the exact same scenario.

It's a power thing...
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

In the battle of the sexes one of the approaches taken by some women is the "all men are rapists" attitude. There may be a generation of generation women untouched by radical feminism for whom this is a new idea and a weapon they need to learn to control.

It could also be a form of crowd hysteria inspired by the recent spate of high profile allegations of sexual harassment at work, which also feeds into the "all men are rapists" myth.

Ted, the ""all men are rapists" myth" is a myth. There is no battle going on, but nevertheless, all men are sexist to one degree or another. That comes with the territory, it is bred into our social structure. It exists and growing up male in the USA, being sexist is inescapable. What we do is a different story. It is not crowd hysteria that we are witnessing, but a striking down of the shields that have protected gender inequality at schools, business, and gov't. It might get a little noisy. As a believer in equal rights, I see this as something that was a long time in coming, and I welcome it.

With the two images in question, the gender of the model brings its own meaning into the image, especially since a gender role seems to have been introduced in the title. So I see it not as a matter if changing the gender of the model will work, but will it allow the meaning the photographer intends? A male model might bring something deeper to the image, but certainly will not bring in as many views.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Ted, the ""all men are rapists" myth" is a myth.
    Thanks.

If you haven't walked a mile in a woman's shoes, you can't judge. OK, I know you will, but you shouldn't. Sounds like someone needs to read the book "Black, Like me" or "A Bunny's Tale". Go walk a mile in any oppressed person's shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    Thanks.

If you haven't walked a mile in a woman's shoes, you can't judge. OK, I know you will, but you shouldn't. Sounds like someone needs to read the book "Black, Like me" or "A Bunny's Tale". Go walk a mile in any oppressed person's shoes.
    I was kinda hoping you would like the double negative...especially after rightfully getting on peoples cases for missing obvious satire.