Page 131 of 328 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 3278

Thread: Old Things,Farms,Barns,Buildings, Plus

Re: Old Things,Farms,Barns,Buildings, Plus

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barn.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	110930My friend restored this barn. It was a five year project. I wanted to make the image in b&w while the barn was still in bare wood. Calumet CC402 121 Super Angulon Delta 100 orange filter. The print , at 24X30 , looks beautiful and tack sharp... the scan is lousy. I am not totally satisfied with the results from the shoot. I used the front rise but I think a little tilt would have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by John Conway View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barn.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	110930My friend restored this barn. It was a five year project. I wanted to make the image in b&w while the barn was still in bare wood. Calumet CC402 121 Super Angulon Delta 100 orange filter. The print , at 24X30 , looks beautiful and tack sharp... the scan is lousy. I am not totally satisfied with the results from the shoot. I used the front rise but I think a little tilt would have helped.
    Hi John, nice shot, well done.
    I don't think that tilting the lens panel can help in this picture, don't worry about it.
    The image looks slightly blurred so maybe you have not closed the diaphragm enough or maybe the scanning is the answer.
    I think that the horizontal format is best for this case and the aperture around f/22 - f/32.
    Regards!
    Jose
    Jose Rodriguez
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jose-rodriguez/
    Horseman 45FA + 75mm + 135mm + 210mm

Thank you very much Jose . I scanned the contact with my low end dell 810 printer . Soon I will get a decent scanner so I can do quality scans. I think I failed to do a final leveling of the camera before making my exposures. The camera may have been tilted back little and not level.I plan on doing another shoot of the barn. It is red and white now. I have a box of Ektar put aside just for the barn. I want to do the color shoot on a nice blue sky , puffy cloud day . This barn was once leaning over and ready to fall with giant holes in the roof. My friend Dick made huge steel plates and chained his bulldozer to the plates on the barn . He pulled the bulldozer back a few feet a month until the barn was back up. Then he rebuilt it from the inside out. The location is Delaware County NY. I love that place profoundly. I have a cottage there and I plan on photographing a lot in the years to come with my large format cameras . Thank you again Jose . I really appreciate your input.

From the archives, 1970. Fire at the Lee farm near Woodstock VT. My industrial Speed Graphic with a 120 mm Leitz Summar on a shaky tripod. E3 Ektachrome, home processed. Transferred to Kodak 4901 duplicating film then solarized in the developer under enlarger light - all as best as I can remember.

35LeeFarm[F1 by hypolimnas, on Flickr

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Near Madison NC - Graflex Series D 4X5

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

My grandfather built this barn a little over 100 yrs. ago.

Barn-41 by gary2881, on Flickr

Korona 8x10, Arista EDU 100, WD2D+

Abandoned storefront, Cherryfield ME. July 10, 2009. TK45S with a 360 mm Nikon T ED. Fuji Astia 100, Praus developed. V 750 scanned. One of the few times I've run into another LF photographer. He screeched to a stop when he saw my setup beside the road. Very distracting conversation about how he should have had his 4X5 with him.

45NE09-37[t2 by hypolimnas, on Flickr

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Nate, that's like some kind of optical illusion that makes my head hurt. The bottom right verticals are true, but the upper right are not, while the upper left verticals are true, but the bottom left are not. Make it stop!

Jonathan

Yes, the middle floor is shifting to the left, and the left side is sagging. No PS corrections - I just scanned the chrome. In the wind there was an ominous creaking sound that could be heard from across the street. My friends tell me that the building still stands.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Deardorff - Imagon 250 - Fomapan 200 @50 in Pyrocat HD - 5x7

I never thought I would be able to scan this negative - looked overdeveloped with some almost clear spots but it scanned like butter. That Pyrocat HD in glycol is some great stuff, even when it's 2 years old
    Tom Keymeulen