Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Achromatic Plus B&W Digital Back...

Re: Achromatic Plus B&W Digital Back...

Hello Lenny,

I'll give you a call to visit next time we are up in that part of the Bay Area for a visit. This would be a good thing in many ways.

The next scheduled meet up is in March, I'm planning to be there and it will be the first time for me... with varying degrees of apprehension not knowing much about the folks at Meet up and ...

Bernice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Eiger View Post
    Bernice,
    The best scenario would be to have a digital neg made, and then have someone make a darkroom print from that. That would be a more accurate comparison to a darkroom print... Of course, one could also make an alt process print of an image, and then make something similar using inkjet...

However, it is likely we are destined to meet soon. We are both part of the Bay Area Large Format Photography Meetup Group. I haven't attended much lately as I live in the North Bay (Petaluma) and a lot of the outings are down South... If you are ever up this way, by all means, give me a call and visit my studio... I can show you what is possible with alt process vs inkjet printing... I had the whole group over here last year. It was fun...

Lenny

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    The next scheduled meet up is in March, I'm planning to be there and it will be the first time for me... with varying degrees of apprehension not knowing much about the folks at Meet up and ...Bernice.
    Bernice,
    I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised. They are one of the nicest groups I've been involved in. A lot of great people, happy to help, share, etc. I was very surprised - I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much. Don't know if I am going to make it there for the 23rd or not.. its a maybe.-- Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

First thing that popped into my head, put the equipment in competent hands and I do not think the OP would notice the difference. btw not dissing the operators but I have seen the posters at some of the phase dealerships and they are not usually great prints.

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    There's a fair chance the printing process for the sample digital prints were enhanced/altered slightly as a normal workflow to tinker with sharpness/contrasts, etc... It could emphasize difference between this camera and it's digital competitors while creating artifacts noticeable to a silver print practitioner.

The camera back described does not do bayer.