Page 86 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Linhof Serial Numbers

Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    My list shows all of them as 1989.
    Hm, then what you wrote here is probably a typo ?

I'd be happy to hear that my camera is not 1981 but 1989 ...

Bob,

Can you tell me more about the 50 Jahre Technika Master Technika?

How many were produced and are there any differences from the standard model other than the little plaque on top of the camera and supplemental serial number?

6445388 / 071

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by karl french View Post
    Bob,

Can you tell me more about the 50 Jahre Technika Master Technika?

How many were produced and are there any differences from the standard model other than the little plaque on top of the camera and supplemental serial number?

6445388 / 071

Thanks.
    50 were produced in gold with a gold plated lens and a different plaque then you have.

All Master Technika cameras produced that year in black carried the plaque that you have on your camera. And Linhof, except for special commemorative cameras like the 120th anniversary Technika 3000 and Technorama 612 SIII never release the number of cameras produced. For the two special 120th cameras they made 120 of each. So whenever you see a plaque like your with a number like 71/120 you would know that it was the 71st camera of a run of 120.
    But when it just has the number 071, like your does it simply means that it was the 71st camera made during that anniversary year.

Interesting.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by karl french View Post
    Interesting.

Thanks.
    We sold a few of those 50th anniversary cameras to Bear Image in Palo Alto. They could even still have some new ones in stock.

I bought it from a seller in England. Not sure if it was originally sold in the UK or Europe.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help, I have a Linhof Technika large format camera, 4x5, but would like to know what model it is. The serial number is 66969

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ernpro View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help, I have a Linhof Technika large format camera, 4x5, but would like to know what model it is. The serial number is 66969

Thanks!
    Super technika IV from about 1960.

Bob, I am trying to identify some old Linhof 6x9 equipment for a friend who inherited it. Outside my comfort zone being metal rather than wood :-) Its a cream folder, 6x9 with Linhof Technika stamped at the front of the focus rail. No latch for swing. Serial number is 5071075 from the shoe. Would I be right in thinking a IV ? Its a lovely bit of kit & comes with a Linhof labelled CZ 53mm biogon, 180mm Sonnar, darkslides all on nice linhof plates and a zoom finder.

Second question. The focus scale has f=53 engraved on it. Does that mean that the rangefinder cam is for the 53mm biogon ?

Many thanks

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tolcher View Post
    Bob, I am trying to identify some old Linhof 6x9 equipment for a friend who inherited it. Outside my comfort zone being metal rather than wood :-) Its a cream folder, 6x9 with Linhof Technika stamped at the front of the focus rail. No latch for swing. Serial number is 5071075 from the shoe. Would I be right in thinking a IV ? Its a lovely bit of kit & comes with a Linhof labelled CZ 53mm biogon, 180mm Sonnar, darkslides all on nice linhof plates and a zoom finder.

Second question. The focus scale has f=53 engraved on it. Does that mean that the rangefinder cam is for the 53mm biogon ?

Many thanks

Dave
    That is a 1975 Super Technika V, 23b. The last model before it was discontinued. The later versions were in black rather then the light grey. The cam is different then the focus scale. Put the lens standard into the camera body and move the focus tracks forward till you expose the tri-lobe cam. If it was cammed for the 53mm one lobe will be engraved 53mm and have the serial number of the lens stamped on it. If the serial numbers don't match then the camera will not focus properly at all distances. Also, the camera's serial number is on the bottom of the cam. If it doesn't match it also will not focus properly. If there were other lenses used with the camera their focal lengths and serial numbers are also on the cam. If they aren't a Linhof service center can cut the cam to match the focal length engraved on the lobe. If there is a serial number on the other lobes but you don't have the lenses then as you add lenses you will need a new cam.