Thread: Outside US, shipping costs for Print Exchange...What did it cost you ?

Outside US, shipping costs for Print Exchange...What did it cost you ?

Didn't want to hijack the 2012-13 print exchange thread....but was/am kicking around an idea...and was wondering/curious...

For those international participants of past print exchanges, what was the approx. shipping cost to and from US for participating in the exchange?

(If you don't care for all to see, send me a pm)

Thanks,
    Dan

Re: Outside US, shipping costs for Print Exchange...What did it cost you ?

Good question, I'm on my way to mail prints to France, Germany, and Malaysia. I'll let you know.

Roger

Outside US, shipping costs for Print Exchange...What did it cost you ?

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    Didn't want to hijack the 2012-13 print exchange thread....but was/am kicking around an idea...and was wondering/curious...

For those international participants of past print exchanges, what was the approx. shipping cost to and from US for participating in the exchange?

(If you don't care for all to see, send me a pm)

Thanks,
    Dan
    I sent a print (8x10( from Australia to the US fairly recently and it cost me AU$11. Received a print (8x10) from the US and that had about US$7 shipping on the label.

These prices are for 3 8x10 prints each backed with a piece of 4 ply maat board, and each in plastic sleeves. The prints where then wrapped in two layers of Kraft paper and put in a 9 1/2" x 12" card board envelope' weighing about 10 oz. each. Germany was 14.90 and Malaysia was $14.30. I was short an envelope so I didn't mail the one for France.

The nice thing about the annual Large Format Print Exchance is that you mail all of your prints to the coordinator who makes up the packets for each group and then mails then out. So you only pay to to ship two packages regardless of the number of people in your group. In the past groups have been about ten people.

Roger

Thanks Welly and Roger...

Was wondering if flat rate envelopes would be cost effective for mailing prints internationally in the print exchange....but it sure doesn't appear so...

Dan