Thread: First Show, Tucson

First Show, Tucson

O.K., I'm taking the plunge and having my first show on Sunday, Sep. 26. It will be held at my house in Tucson. Many of the images were taken this spring with my 4x5 Toho during my 2 month sojourn on the Colorado Plateau, mostly around Escalante-GrandStaircase. If anyone is in the Tucson area at the time and would like directions or additional information just send me a note.

First Show, Tucson

Too far away to be there. Congratulations.
    "I meant what I said, not what you heard"--Jflavell

First Show, Tucson

Don, just received your invitation in the mail yesterday for the show. The pictures are wonderful! Looking forward to seeing them in larger sizes and hanging on a wall. Could you post a copy of the invitation at APUG so others can see a sample of your work? Just the card gives an idea of how hard you've been working.

See you on the 26th. tim & family

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

First Show, Tucson

Don-

I'm a Tucson-area photographer (8X10) who'd like to meet you, Tim, and others working with large format. Think I might drop in that night?
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

First Show, Tucson

Thanks to all of you who attended my home gallery show. Approximately 100 folks came to the event. I sold 5 images, with several other people trying to decide either what they wanted or which size. While it hardly allows me to quit my day job, it is probably not a bad outcome for my first show. The brief presentations on large format photography seemed to be a hit, and I was grateful for the confirming noods from Mark Sawyer, Tim Curry and Tim Pfeiffer (?) in the audience.

One surprising success was the marketing appeal of the light box I put up for viewing the differences in 35mm, medium and large format transparencies. I randomly had selected some of each for viewing. One of the purchases was from the light box and there are a couple of other people who may make a purchase from images that were on there as well.

Our informal Tucson large format group is growing. Anyone not able to make the show but would like to join our group, send me your e-mail address (dwodonb@aol.com) Thanks