Hey everyone! This is my first post on this forum, so apologies if this is something you regularly get asked about!

I'm a final year photography student; and began playing with large format last year. I'm currently working on a project that involves a lot of hiking; and I was originally shooting on a Sinar F1 but soon realized that this was just far too bulky for my needs (mainly the tripod). Having said that, the results I got from that camera were fantastic. I moved across to a field camera that I borrowed from a friend. I trusted him when he said the camera "was fine" and after familiarizing myself with it - headed out and began shooting. I just received the negs back from a lab, and was pretty upset/annoyed/confused with what appears to be a light leak. It doesn't look like the sort of leak you would expect from the bellows. I shot with the same darkslides and lens as I had the week previously on the Sinar, so I doubt that these are the culprits.

The leak doesn't appear on all of the negs, but when it does appear, it is in the same place but varies in width. On the neg, it is on the edge that sits at the "bottom" of the darkslide, which confuses me even more. I have attached a low-res scan of one of the shots and you can see the leak on the far right hand side of the frame. Any suggestions would be great!

NB: I don't know if its just my eyes playing tricks on me, but there seems to be a faint line that runs around the frame near the very edge. The cast is also horrible; which could either mean hours of photoshop pain or is it due to dirty chemicals in the lab?

Thanks All,

Nick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boundary_Marker.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	87984