Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Voigtlander Petzval or Euryscop? Can someone please help me identify what i have?

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Re: Voigtlander Petzval or Euryscop? Can someone please help me identify what i have?

Quote Originally Posted by CCHarrison View Post
    The owner checked the back focus and it was 14" making it a lucky Number 7 model.
    "Back focus"? I would assume the focal length is around 10" - 240mm to 300m max. Back focus isn't all that helpful.

Re: Voigtlander Petzval or Euryscop? Can someone please help me identify what i have?

"
    Back focus isn't all that helpful
    "

It is when the barrel has been shown alongside a tape measure.
    Early listing of focal lengths in adverts often gave the, easier measured, back focus.

14" + 3 1/2" gives the eq. focal length of 17 1/2".

I have an voigtlander portrait objective 7 that look a lot like this one. its my favorite lens ever. Great find.

Back focus is VERY helpful when the catalogue tells you what it is.

The focal length for this number 7 model is listed as 17.72 inches or 453mm - see catalogue entry below

Dan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seven.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	87961

Antique & Classic Camera Blog
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

..and now on ebay! At least the seller was well informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Deming View Post
    Rule of thumb: A brand new member asks specific hardware questions, which are dutifully answered in detail and at length, with no followup question or thanks from the OP = gathering data to market something. This applies to all hobby websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Deming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    Rule of thumb: A brand new member asks specific hardware questions, which are dutifully answered in detail and at length, with no followup question or thanks from the OP = gathering data to market something. This applies to all hobby websites.
    How much cut did everyone get?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181068874038...84.m1438.l2649
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

2/5ths as fast? So How fast is it? Thanks!

So is this one a 7A? ebay # 121063046400 - Just trying to gain some knowledge!

Gundlach

The closest catalogue entry to what the seller stated as specs is the #9 model which is listed as 676mm covering 17x20

Dan

Antique & Classic Camera Blog
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html