Thread: Why can't I post in the classifieds?

Why can't I post in the classifieds?

I registered a while back, but I cant post new threads in the classifieds sections .. whats up?
    I don;t see anything about this in the FAQ ..
    Best Sam

Re: Why can't I post in the classifieds?

RTFM! To quote the forum information (right up in the forum list, next to the forum name): "This is a private area open only to those who have been members for 30 days or more. " You appear to have registered some time within the past 22 days...
    Last edited by Sevo; 22-Jan-2013 at 05:49.

Lots of folks join just to take advantage of the feeless for sale area.

Quote Originally Posted by gameonedne1984 View Post
    I registered a while back, but I cant post new threads in the classifieds sections .. whats up?
    I don;t see anything about this in the FAQ ..
    Best Sam
    New registrants are required to wait for 30 days before posting in the for-sale forum. We've had lots of trouble with spammers so this is one mechanism we use to control it. Please note the first sentence of the description of that forum (also on the guidelines tab above):

Use of this area is strictly at your own risk. This is a private area open only to those who have been members for 30 days or more. Classified ads are limited to the personal photographic equipment, photography books, and prints of registered users. Posts by dealers are not allowed. The sales price must be clearly stated in the original post. Auctions are not permitted. Links to other auction sites such as eBay or other points of sale are prohibited and will be deleted without notice. Please prefix all post titles to indicate intent: "WTB", "FS" , "FT" (for trade), etc. Readers of "For Sale" posts should refrain from intruding on the thread by making negative comments about the item or the price being requested. Doing so is rude, and thus in violation of general forum guidelines.
    Our records show you registered yesterday, is that correct? If so, wait a few weeks and you'll be able to post in the For Sale forum.

Rick "thanks" Denney

Okay thanks for clearing that up,