Thread: New Tri-x (TXP) Development time for PMK

New Tri-x (TXP) Development time for PMK

All information I have seen regarding Tri-x and PMK developer speaks of Tri-X as if there is no difference in development time between the new (TXP) and the old (TXT). Yet, Kodak's tech data for their HC-110 shows a drastic difference in development time between TXT and TXP. ANybody have any information pertaining to TXP and PMK and if development time differs from Hutching's recommended 14 minutes (@EI 260) for "Tri-X"?

Probably won't help you due to somewhat unique process, but here's what I'm using for latest Kodak TXP (which is identical process for Ilford FP4+): TXP rated at 200, PMK 1:2:100, two seperate but sequential development baths at 68 deg for 4:45 (includes dump time) each in a Jobo drum and processor (hence the two baths due to rapid oxidation), 4 sheets of 4x5 at most (prefer look of using only two, but if I have a bunch to develop I'll accept the additional very slight overall stain from using more film), water stop, 2 minute fix in Heico rapid fix, rinse, heico permawash bath for a minute or so, final wash for at least 10 minutes, hang to dry.

Never used the old TXT, but wouldn't surprise me that times are different for all developers as I've been told they're making it in a different plant and are using additional components like UV blocker and hardener.

Paul
    The only trouble with doin' nothing is you can't tell when you get caught up

This guy at www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110 indicates there might be some errors in recent Kodak HC 110 information. You might want to read his article

There was a lot of chatter when Kodak made the change in which folks said Kodak had the times wrong. Most of the chatter since indicates TXP rated at 200 requires just about the same development time as TXT. I have not tried TXP in PMK, but think the Hutchings time would be close enough to begin your own tests. j