Good morning all,

I have the opportunity to buy a Linhof Kardan Standard with 3 x lenses and various accessories. I am viewing the camera for the second time this afternoon (Monday) and will be taking photos and noting serial numbers etc. I would like to know a few things:

1. What is the value of this kit (complete list to follow)

2. What should I look for before buying apart from obvious things like bellows condition, general condition, lens examinations, shutter operation etc?

3. I have never used a view camera before. I am a professional photographer who shoots products, architecture and portraits using digital cameras and Tilt-Shift lenses. I intend to use the Linhof for this type of work, shooting black and white with film and paper negatives (i currently shoot and develop paper negs with some old MF bodies). Is the Linhof a good fit for me?

4. In order to help you help me, what info should I collect this afternoon - photos, serial numbers, complete list of parts etc?

I appreciate that many of my questions cannot be answered until I have the above-mentioned information, but I wanted to pre-empt my viewing by opening this thread, as I may have to make a decision on whether to purchase today.

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer as always