I have an important 6x6 negative that I have a development streak on due to me not doing a pre-soak before souping the film, Rollei IR400. I now pre-soak and no longer have this issue, that's the way that goes I guess….hate the idea that I have to do digital anything to this neg, oh well. I have done a couple of 15x15 silver prints and while the image looks great, the streak is a real pain to deal with as it amounts to a very small uneven area in the sky that requires too small a burn in to be able to deal with on prints smaller than 15x15.

So I had a drum scan made and it looks great, a bit smoother and a bit larger than my 9000ED could do, pretty much the best I can get out of it. And as per the company who is going to put out the 4x5 LVT for me, it is 16bit RGB, good to go.

My questions are besides fixing the darn unevenness in the neg. which will be fairly easy, what else should I be doing to get this image ready to make silver gelatin wet prints from the 4x5 neg? I am thinking pretty minor levels adjustments and maybe a hair of sharpening to ever so slightly bring back the edge of the grain that is lost in going to another generation. I did a 30" x 30" digital print from a 8000x8000 pixel Nikon scan that looks really good, so the image does hold up and I am hoping I will be able to get at least that out of a 4x5 LVT neg. The vendor that is doing the LVT is Cox Black and White Lab, they are pretty confident I will be able to get great silver prints from this size increase.

I am almost positive that this will be a one time thing as I really no longer have an interest in anything but pure 100% non-digital workflow at this stage of my career. So with that said, does anyone have any experience in "rescuing" problem negs like this and what is the protocol for prepping the scan for LVT output?