Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: View Camera magazine problems

Re: View Camera magazine problems

Quote Originally Posted by SamReeves View Post
    Does this mean you're no longer getting a free article on getting started in large format? LOL.

Good Lord, I had to read that every time in a newsgroup from you know who…
    LOL! I had forgotten all about that, it did get a little tiring after seeing it for about the thousandth time.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

I'm always surprised when I read these threads ... I've subscribed to VC Magazine for 5+ years and never missed an issue.

I agree Jim - I've subscribed 26 years - as a Charter subscriber and have never missed receiving an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by don12x20 View Post
    I agree Jim - I've subscribed 26 years - as a Charter subscriber and have never missed receiving an issue.
    25 years for me, and I have never missed an issue.

A decision was made years ago by the moderators of this forum regarding Steve Simmons. Quite simply, he was banned. That should have been the end of View Camera threads, good or bad. Steve was left with no way of responding, other than through QT. So, yes, moderation is a problem with this forum.

And to Steve, thank you for producing a magazine for over a quarter of a century, the only one of its kind devoted to large format photography.

Best,
    Merg

I've subscribed twice. Missed several issues. Given the same excuses already mentioned here. I have no respect that kind of business. And then there was foto 3.

Ditto!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    25 years for me, and I have never missed an issue.

And to Steve, thank you for producing a magazine for over a quarter of a century, the only one of its kind devoted to large format photography.
    “You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?”

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

Just a thought, but for all those people who have issues with VC magazine, why not start up your own one? Seriously, that is a real option today, unlike years ago.

Anybody can buy a copy of Adobe inDesign or even Pagemaker 7 (or similar software - I think there is a freeware, open source alternative under linux for example), all of them publish to PDF format, and distribute over the internet. Seriously. Newsweek has done completely digital, and of the magazines I read, only a couple are hard copy, everything else I read is the digital version. Today it is completely acceptable, socially, business wise, etc, to produce a magazine in electronic format only. It's a lot of work, but just sayin,
    eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?

I used to get it

and then I stopped after very many years

it was Steve's mag that got me interested in LF in the first place (plus when BORDERS first came to the UK, when it was a standard stock item)

and now I don't overly miss it

andrew

I got my Nov-Dec issue a couple of days ago. The price has gone up here to £50 ($80) for the six issues including postage @ £1.10 per issue = £7.23 ($11.50) an issue.

I still enjoy it though so will still buy it next year, after that? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph O'Neil View Post
    Just a thought, but for all those people who have issues with VC magazine, why not start up your own one? Seriously, that is a real option today, unlike years ago.
    The issue is, I'd like to receive what I've paid for. The quality of the magazine is fairly good, and eagerly enjoyed.......for the few that I've received.