Thread: AZ LF Meetups?

AZ LF Meetups?

I'm going to be in Jerome, AZ, this winter and would like to find a few LF photographers (in Northern AZ or Phoenix), that would like to meetup for field photography. Anyone interested? -- L

Re: AZ LF Meetups?

Hi Laura,

I am in Sedona. I generally shoot alone, but am open to photographing with others. The friend who taught me (and took me out for my 1st LF shoots) also lives around here. I suspect that you can find a few more LF photographers up in Flagstaff. Regarding Phoenix, try contacting Fred Newman at the VIEW CAMERA STORE down in Fountain Hills. He has a website:

http://www.viewcamerastore.com

What exactly do you mean by field photography: animals? landscapes? Indian ruins? rusty old objects (got plenty of rusty nails and metal on my land)? I am usually shooting the sunrises or sunsets in the winter...

Hope that you are warmer than us this weekend :-)

Namaste
    Daniel

Re: AZ LF Meetups?

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDan View Post
    Hi Laura,

I am in Sedona. I generally shoot alone, but am open to photographing with others. The friend who taught me (and took me out for my 1st LF shoots) also lives around here. I suspect that you can find a few more LF photographers up in Flagstaff. Regarding Phoenix, try contacting Fred Newman at the VIEW CAMERA STORE down in Fountain Hills. He has a website:

http://www.viewcamerastore.com

What exactly do you mean by field photography: animals? landscapes? Indian ruins? rusty old objects (got plenty of rusty nails and metal on my land)? I am usually shooting the sunrises or sunsets in the winter...

Hope that you are warmer than us this weekend :-)

Namaste
    Daniel
    Hi Daniel,

I'm in Jerome for 6 months for the winter and then I'm heading back to Lone Pine, CA. I generally shoot solo as well but I began organizing meetups in Death Valley and Lone Pine, and enjoyed spending time with other LF photographers.

I know Fred. He tests my film! He's a stellar human being.

Field photography is sort of a broad term for outdoor I suppose, without getting too specific. :-)