Quote Originally Posted by Colin Robertson View Post
Stanley, just been checking your other posts. Sounds like your just dipping your toes into Large format??
Do you have a camera yet, and if so which format?
Are you experienced in handling and processing film?
What are you interested in shooting- mostly portraits?
Last- ask your mother what kind of enlarger she's got stashed in the loft.
Oh, Happy Christmas!!!
Happy Christmas to you too. I am shooting mostly medium format 6x6 at the moment using a Yashica 124, after shooting 35mm on a Pentax K1000 for the past few years. I know how to develop black and white myself, and my college has enlargers that can process everything up to 5x4, so iv been able to get a feel of how they work. I would like to get my own equipment however, as I may transfer next year to a different college that does not have a darkroom. I mostly do portrait styled photography, or it is my favourite area at least, im not to keen on using 6x6 120 for landscape however, as the square frame can be a bit restricting, so that is why im looking at the larger formats, that as well as the image quality of the larger formats. Im not sure my mother knows what type of enlarger shes got, it was her fathers, and is boxed into a corner surrounded by obstacles at the moment, so will need to be extracted first.