Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Environmental Portraits

Re: Environmental Portraits

This category needs more content! I met this guy at the park today. He and his friend were practicing "slacklining" which is like tightrope walking but with lighter equipment and less tension.

Slackrope Walker by CKeth, on Flickr

Slackrope Walker 2 by CKeth, on Flickr

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

very cool
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by ImSoNegative View Post
    I really like these, nice work!
    Thanks -- a couple more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3 Bros_Three Brothers.jpg   3BoysRedwoodPCRSPa.jpg  

One more of the slackrope walker:

Slackrope Walker 3; 2012 by CKeth, on Flickr

That first one is really well done. Those people are nuts. I saw a guy doing that in Joshua Tree earlier this year. He was about 150 feet or so in the air, walking between two boulders.

-DP

Quote Originally Posted by C. D. Keth View Post
    This category needs more content! I met this guy at the park today. He and his friend were practicing "slacklining" which is like tightrope walking but with lighter equipment and less tension.

Slackrope Walker by CKeth, on Flickr

Slackrope Walker 2 by CKeth, on Flickr

[View Large]

Randsburg Photo Studio, Randsburg, CA
    Ebony RW810, 300mm f/5.6 Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-N, Arista .EDU Ultra 100 8x10, Processed in a unicolor drum, Pyrocat HD 1:1:100, Bronze toned in CS4.

I set up to photograph this building and I was about to go under the focusing cloth to check my composition when I noticed a man approaching from the town bar. He walked up to me and asked, "Do you have permission to photograph this building?" I pointed at the asphalt and replied, "I don't need permission to photograph this building, I'm not on private property, I'm on the edge of the road." The man shot back, "Well, do you have a permit to be on the road?"

I saw where the conversation was heading so I immediately offered my hand and we shook. I calmed him down and talked with him for a good fifteen minutes. He went on to tell me about himself; how he had been in many movies as an extra, and how he does odd jobs around town. I convinced him that my picture would be much more interesting with him in it, so he agreed to have his portrait made against the building. If we had stubbornly stuck to our guns, I might not have come away with any pictures from Randsburg that day.

-Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by dperez View Post

[View Large]

Randsburg Photo Studio, Randsburg, CA
    Ebony RW810, 300mm f/5.6 Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-N, Arista .EDU Ultra 100 8x10, Processed in a unicolor drum, Pyrocat HD 1:1:100, Bronze toned in CS4.

I set up to photograph this building and I was about to go under the focusing cloth to check my composition when I noticed a man approaching from the town bar. He walked up to me and asked, "Do you have permission to photograph this building?" I pointed at the asphalt and replied, "I dkon't need permission to photograph this building, I'm not on private property, I'm on the edge of the road." The man shot back, "Well, do you have a permit to be on the road?"

I saw where the conversation was heading so I immediately offered my hand and we shook. I calmed him down and talked with him for a good fifteen minutes. He went on to tell me about himself; how he had been in many movies as an extra, and how he does odd jobs around town. I convinced him that my picture would be much more interesting with him in it, so he agreed to have his portrait made against the building. If we had stubbornly stuck to our guns, I might not have come away with any pictures from Randsburg that day.

-Daniel
    I recognize him!

He's the mayor.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

[View Large]

This is a closeup of the man that hassled me while I was preparing to photograph the Randsburg Photo Studio building (See above). He could hold a pose very well. As I took a meter reading near his face, he reminded me that he'd been photographed many times. "How would you like me to pose?" he asked. I said, "Just relax, and be yourself," and with that he gazed off into the distance and held his pose like a statue.

-DP
    Last edited by dperez; 12-Sep-2013 at 20:23.

Quote Originally Posted by dperez View Post

[View Large]

This is a closeup of the man that hassled me while I was preparing to photograph the Randsburg Photo Studio building (See above). He could held a pose very well. As I took a meter reading near his face, he reminded me that he'd been photographed many times. "How would you like me to pose?" he asked. I said, "Just relax, and be yourself," and with that he gazed off into the distance and held his pose like a statue.

-DP
    Man... I hope we get to see him at "Old West Days".
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Once again I am having problems trying to get a photo posted here via link from Dropbox.