Thread: Lightroom catalogue issue

Lightroom catalogue issue

Hi , I am fairly new to lightroom 4 , Yesterday i lost about 1600 photos and i have no idea where they are , a prompter came up on the screen saying another lightroom catalogue was available and would i like to upgrade the word was upgrade not replace!! It turned out it was a very small catalogue from lightroom 1 (I tried it didn't like it back then)lightroom 4 up to this point is a lot better , Now this old catalogue is the only visible one , Any suggestions would be appriciated. Cheers Gary

Re: Lightroom catalogue issue

Has lightroom been backing up the catalog? Do a search of your system for *.lrcat (thats the extension on the mac, I assume windows is the same). Both Windows Explorer (not internet explorer) and the Mac finder can search your system for files. Once you find it just open the catalog with Lightroom. You should find both the original and all your backups.

The good news is all your files should still be there, even if you lost the catalog. Buy you may have lost all your changes in LR. Good luck.