Thread: Hello from the Yukon!

Hello from the Yukon!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Anthony and I live in the Yukon, which for those who don't know is one of Canada's remote northern territories. I been shooting medium format for about a year now, and more recently started doing darkroom printing. Then I walked into our local camera swap a couple weeks ago, walked out with a Toyo 45CX and now I'm a large format shooter. So far I'm limited to contact printing but I'm hoping to be able to enlarge my 4x5 negatives at some point.

For those who are interested here are some links to my images, mostly medium format right now and older stuff is digital but hoping to add LF images over the coming months.

http://www.delorenzo.ca/
    http://blog.delorenzo.ca/

I've been hanging around APUG a lot but looking forward to the discussions here as well.

Best Regards,
    Anthony

Hello from the Yukon!

Awesome!!! Whitehorse huh??? I live in Craig, Alaska most the time and keep meaning to make it back up to Whitehorse sometime for a visit. Im super new to this forum and to LF. Just got my first 4x5 camera a month or so ago. Welcome. Ive learned alot from this forum.

Lon

Re: Hello from the Yukon!

Welcome aboard, Anthony! The Yukon is definately on my list of places to take my cameras.

Awesome pictures....sure would like to visit ...in the summer ...

you might want to consider some figital ...epson makes a great scanner for 4x5 negs

Thanks guys! The Yukon is pretty great (even though it is -30 out right now), so many places to photograph that I don't feel like I've even begun to scratch the surface.

I do have an almost brand new Epson scanner, problem is like my enlarger it won't handle 4x5. I'm more interested in making darkroom prints right now, after all I can always scan the prints when I am done.

try scanning the negs and printing on a epson r3000 printer...