Thread: Hugo, this looks like a gigantic Chamonix!

Just Getting Started

Lightbulb Hugo, this looks like a gigantic Chamonix!

Hugo (and others of course) I thought would enjoy seeing his overall look on a grand scale. Other cameras may use similar hardware as I'm admittedly not a LF camera expert in all brands, but I don't really care. The point is to share a couple of killer video's and an neat project. The image on the side of the semi trailer is either of modified Chamonix or they used a similar hardware design on the actual camera (only the digital rendering of the camera is shown in the first video). The first video goes into the concept of the project and the second video covers it from a slightly different angle. I'm sure you will enjoy.

-Bill

Just Getting Started

Re: Hugo, this looks like a gigantic Chamonix!

Second video (since you can only post 1 per post):

Hi Bill,

Hass is using a tiny 24x32" wet plate camera and his next project will be a semi with a 20 foot container/wet plate camera/darkroom. The 1600mm lens which is to be used on the back or side of the truck I bought a few weeks ago is already in China. We will see what he can build for himself.

Hugo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hass.jpg  

Just Getting Started

I like the "tiny" 24x32. The thing that struck me funny was the hardware on the image on the side of the semi looks to be the same as that from a Chamonix. The knobs and levels especially My camera should be here today. I'm excited. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    Hi Bill,

Hass is using a tiny 24x32" wet plate camera and his next project will be a semi with a 20 foot container/wet plate camera/darkroom. The 1600mm lens which is to be used on the back or side of the truck I bought a few weeks ago is already in China. We will see what he can build for himself.

Hugo
    awesome photo!
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Just Getting Started

The myriad of tripods looks like the scaffolding in place when building a skyscraper. Awesome for sure!