Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta LF photographers???

Atlanta LF photographers???

I would like to connect with some LF shooters on the east side of Atlanta. I live in Monroe so Conyers, Covington, Athens, Snellville even Decatur?
    I have heard that a group of LF folks meet on Friday mornings somewhere but I am not sure where.

I can't believe that a city as large as Atlanta doesn't have an active group of LF folks...

Re: Atlanta LF photographers???

It is hard to believe. I think many of the photogs get too wound up in the digital instant gratification and simply don't have the patience to handle LF.

The three of us have talked via email before. My schedule isn't any more open than it was then, but I'm still here and shoot LF when I get a chance (along with MF and 35mm.)

I'm in Lawrenceville, so also on the (north) east side.

Hey Roger, Monroe and Lawrenceville arn't that far apart. Poor old Gary is way over there in Roswell!!! Roger I also shoot MF and 35mm. I love the 4x5 negatives though! My schedule is flexible so I can usually work out something.
    Have either of you heard anything about some LF shooters meeting?
    Generalizations are made because they are Generally true...

Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    Hey Roger, Monroe and Lawrenceville arn't that far apart. Poor old Gary is way over there in Roswell!!! Roger I also shoot MF and 35mm. I love the 4x5 negatives though! My schedule is flexible so I can usually work out something.
    Have either of you heard anything about some LF shooters meeting?
    Nope, except for the time you and Gary and I tried to set up something via email.

My real problem is that I work mainly nights. Mondays I work days AND nights. During the rest of the week I work nights (which makes Sunday night not enough sleep which makes Monday morning meeting awful, then come home, try to sleep some more, then back Monday night...can you tell Mondays won't be a good day for me?) and my wife and I seem to be busy either with friends or travel on many weekends.

But let's keep in touch. Once DST starts again in the spring it'll be easier for me to be awake when there's actually light!

I found out there is a group that meets on Friday mornings @ 9 am at the Einstein bagels at 85 & N. Druid Hills. From what I understand they are fairly active. I am going to try to go meet them.
    Generalizations are made because they are Generally true...

On the North side in the Alpharetta area. Don't get out enough to shoot. Hope to get out and shoot more often in the new year

Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    I found out there is a group that meets on Friday mornings @ 9 am at the Einstein bagels at 85 & N. Druid Hills. From what I understand they are fairly active. I am going to try to go meet them.
    Well, say hi; that won't be happening for me. 9 AM? On FRIDAY morning? Who the hell does THAT? Oh, retired folks who are morning people.

Thursday night is usually my biggest night of maintenance (network engineer.) 9 AM is usually about one hour after my collapsing bed time.

I'm in Athens,have a 4x5 arriving tomorrow. I have shot with Gary if i remember correctly. We went to birmingham to sloss furnaces. Still shooting the ebony,Gary? I also shoot medium format so keep me posted if you guys are ever my way. Sunday monday is best for me.

Sundays in general could work for me, but have all been tied up of late.

Actually this week Sunday late afternoon would work - too late this time of year to shoot but could meet up. I THINK my wife has plans with her lady friends.