Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LF Portfolio Showing Jan 2013

LF Portfolio Showing Jan 2013

The Midwest Large Format Asylum will hold its 6th annual print showing on the 4th weekend in January 2013 at the Best Western in Chesterton, IN. Come & look....come & show.....come & enjoy...it's all free.

More information can be found in the forum section at www.midwestlargeformat.com

Re: LF Portfolio Showing Jan 2013

Do you love looking at images shot with LF? Join us in January to view photographs all day. Chesterton, IN is a central location for our friends that drive from Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan and Ohio. Usually about 15 portfolios are viewed. No judging, no prizes....just enjoying.

More information can be found in the forum section at www.midwestlargeformat.com

Only 3 weeks away....come join us for a full day of enjoying photographs made with LF capture. January 26th. Best Western in Chesterton, Indiana. We start about 8:30-9 am & go all day. We have lunch catered in.

We normally have about 15 portfolios show up and around 25-30 people. We are a very informal group and go at our own pace. We just look & comment....no judging, no prizes, no ribbons. Get your portfolio ready and join us.

Many of us arrive on Friday and stay until Sunday (weather can be challenging in northern Indiana in the winter). We have a special rate with the hotel.

Hope to see you there.

Rick Tapio

How is your latest portfolio of large format images looking? What to show it off? Come show us....January 26th....Chesterton, Indiana....Best Western....www.midwestlargeformat.com

Quote Originally Posted by rcjtapio View Post
    How is your latest portfolio of large format images looking? What to show it off? Come show us....January 26th....Chesterton, Indiana....Best Western....www.midwestlargeformat.com
    If you don't have a portfolio to show come anyhow. Although anonymous free will donations are accepted to offset the cost of the conference room (we're a small group that charges no dues or has any source of income aside from donations) there is no charge to attend. It's a good time and everything is very laid back.

Just made my room reservation- The hotel said there were only a few rooms left in the group block rate, so better hurry.
    I'll be driving down Friday-see you then!

Colleen

This show or gathering of LF shooters draws from though out the Midwest. Coleen, Evan and several others are from WI. I’m bringing a box of prints from OH. Jim T posted on the MWLF Forum today that he was coming with three other people from MI. Pete and his wife are from MI. There are several people from IL and IN coming. Lets add a state or two.

It was either last year or the year before that we had 19 people showing prints. It is a great opportunity for like minded people to share ideas and work. Then there is the important part, the food is always good.

John

One week away...grab your portfolio & join us.

I'm planning to come down Saturday morning. Anyone in the area interested in spending a cold winter day inside looking at fine photographs should plan to attend. Seeing the large format prints every year answers the question of why I keep hauling around the view camera.

I'm driving over on Saturday morning as well. This is one of the highlights of my photographic year: the opportunity to see what everyone has been doing over the past year and to reaffirm my jealousy over their obvious excess of talent!

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.