Thread: Fast Shutter Mounting

Fast Shutter Mounting

Once again I am in a small bind. Self inflicted wound of course. Does anyone know where I can get a 19" Artar mounted into a Copal #3 shutter by the 30th of next month? I called the S.K. Grimes shop and was told about 4-6 weeks. They are closed this coming week so that does not look promising. Any other suggestions? I could always take the lens minus a shutter but I would prefer a shutter. Next month is the annual out west vacation. Utah is the destination. I am sure that I could get away without a shutter but I would feel much better with one. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Fast Shutter Mounting

I have it good authority that this type of work is done by century optics on occasion. I have not been there myself but I know someone who has ,they are in Los Angeles. Cheers George

Fast Shutter Mounting

Bruce: If all else fails you could put a Packard shutter on the front of it, that would be a fairly easy and inexpensive way to have a shutter until you can get it done by Grimes or somebody else.

multiplex

Fast Shutter Mounting

how about richard ritter in vermont. he advertises in vc magazine all the time ...

Octogenarian

Fast Shutter Mounting

Hi Bruce,

There is a Copal #3 shutter for sale on the photo.net classifies section. Perhaps you can purchase the shutter and do it yourself. Or, have a local camera tech. do it for you. It would certainly be a faster way than shipping the lens off to a tech. and waiting for the delivery time.

Fast Shutter Mounting

Bruce,

I finally got a 19" Artar in a shutter(which is sweet indeed!) but for the longest time I've used them in barrel form with a lenscap instead of a shutter. I've found my exposures were long enough to where having a shutter, while very nice, isn't a life and death situation. I suppose it depends on what you're shooting, but I thought I'd add my 2-cents. ----Cheers!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White