Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great darkcloth for 4x5

Doug Dolde

Great darkcloth for 4x5

I purchased a custom made darkcoth from Bob Olbricht on EBAY that is the best I have ever used including the highly touted BTZS which I personally found to bulky and hot. His user ID is hapi2hlp and he has one up now.

It has an elastic band which fits snugly over my MT2000 and a slit to stick the loupe in. Highly recommended.

Great darkcloth for 4x5

One of my darkcloths is a Dracula's cape from Halloween leftovers. It works quite well.

Great darkcloth for 4x5

These folks also make a very good dark cloth - slightly different design that takes a little getting used to in practice (old habits) - but very light, works in the cold (which the btzs doesn't) and good design.

They do 4x5 5x7 and 8x10 - I've been trying out the 4x5 and have grown to really quite like it

http://www.quietworks.com/FRAMES_FILES/BJ_WELCOME.html

http://www.quietworks.com

(+ they have a sense of humour - I like the "use it as a rain jacket" shots...)

Only problem is it could get rather hot (not usually an issue for me.... - but I think they may be working on a hot weather more breathable version

i should add that they sent me some materials fopr future version to test in the cold, along with a 4x5 hood. it worked so well i decided to keep it
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Great darkcloth for 4x5

I'll second Doug's recommendation. I've not used the BTZS hood, but I've been using one of Bob's hoods for about a month now. I believe he sells these under the auction title "No more blowin' in the wind" or similar. As a beginning LF'er, I find it far easier to use than a traditional-style darkcloth.

Great darkcloth for 4x5

I never understood the need for a custom made item. I most often use one of my girlfriend's skirts as a darkcloth. Works perfect.

Great darkcloth for 4x5

We won't ask what you're looking at under that skirt, Dave.

Great darkcloth for 4x5

I bought the cheapest dark cloth B&H had available, then sewed my own elastic band around the front and velcro down the bottom to seal it up, and open wherever I need a slit.

All problems solved.

Great darkcloth for 4x5

thankfully my girlfriend doesn't have a waist large enough for 8x10....
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

Great darkcloth for 4x5

Decided both against the BTZS and the Quietworks dark clothes because of their little impressing plastic materials.

Just finished making my own darkcloth made of suede, which is basically a BTZS with some minor changes.

It took me two hours to prepare a prototype and another two hours to build my final dark cloth.

Great darkcloth for 4x5

"Decided both against the BTZS and the Quietworks dark clothes because of their little impressing plastic materials."

not quite sure I understand what you mean?