Thread: Need lens board #00 5x5" for Technika III 5x7" and hood for SA 8/90 (67mm)

Need lens board #00 5x5" for Technika III 5x7" and hood for SA 8/90 (67mm)

Urgent!
    I need a Linhof lens board for my Schneider Kreuznach Super-Angulon 1:8/90mm in Compur #00 shutter.
    It should fit my Tech III (5x7" - 13x18) and measures 5x5" (129x129x2mm) with a hole for #00 (1" - 25.4mm).
    I also need a hint, which hood you'd take for this wide angle lens (67mm).
    I already asked skgrimes, b&h, adorama and all these, but they all just have 4x4 boards for 4x5" Techs.

Regards
    Frank

Re: Need lens board #00 5x5" for Technika III 5x7" and hood for SA 8/90 (67mm)

I don't have one available, (using all of mine on my tech IV), but they're just flat boards with a small notch cut in the center of the bottom side. A friend of mine made me a couple out of old trashed street signs- any flat aluminum will do.
    They are NOT the easiest boards to find, but don't seem too difficult to make.
    (if you can't find one, I'll see if I can get my friend to make one for you, let me know and I'll find out pricing)

-Brian

Frank,

If you have been registered for the requisite 30 days on this site, you can put up a WTB in the classified section.

Otherwise you might find this thread moved or deleted, according to the forum rules.

Len

Quote Originally Posted by Len Middleton View Post
    Frank,

If you have been registered for the requisite 30 days on this site, you can put up a WTB in the classified section.
    Otherwise you might find this thread moved or deleted, according to the forum rules.

Len
    Sorry, I didn't know that - my fault...

Quote Originally Posted by BTMarcais View Post
    I don't have one available, (using all of mine on my tech IV), but they're just flat boards with a small notch cut in the center of the bottom side. A friend of mine made me a couple out of old trashed street signs- any flat aluminum will do.
    They are NOT the easiest boards to find, but don't seem too difficult to make.
    (if you can't find one, I'll see if I can get my friend to make one for you, let me know and I'll find out pricing)

-Brian
    Sounds good!
    But the boards for Tech III (5x7") are about 5/64" (2mm) strong.
    If your friend REALLY wants to manufacture these boards, maybe I could order three of them?
    Copal #00, #0 and #1?
    I would pay in advance by paypal, please email: FrankGosebruch@gmx.net

Let me get in touch with Ross (might take a few days if he's busy with any work projects) and I'll put him in touch with you. I'd keep looking in the meantime though.
    He's machined a few interesting things for me before- boards for an old pre war 6.5x9 technika, and a recessed board for a beseler enlarger so I could use a 30mm enlarging lens for my minox negs to name a couple. I haven't seen him in a few weeks though, so be patient.
    -Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by BTMarcais View Post
    I don't have one available, (using all of mine on my tech IV), but they're just flat boards with a small notch cut in the center of the bottom side.
    I don't think the tech III's have that notch..tech IV's do ..Tech III's have a slight 'offset' or thinning of the back of board at the top and bottom about the last 1/8" however

I received some boards from a tech III user that DO have that notch... not sure if they were later boards or not though. Works fine in my IV anyway..., and apparently in his III also.
    -Brian