Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "ecbuyonline" Sinar 8x10 Bellows

Name: ______William Booth

Re: "ecbuyonline" Sinar 8x10 Bellows

Not to hijack this thread, but I am very much on the fence between ecbuystore and custombellows.co.uk. I received a very reasonable quote from custombellows of ~$215 dollars for 5x7 with 20+ inches of draw (includes mounting). I want to send my frames so that I can ensure a good fit, but I am wary of sending my irreplaceable (on my budget) frames to China. Did any of you ecbuystore advocates send your frames for fitting?

At that price, why not use the best, i.e. custom bellows?
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    At that price, why not use the best, i.e. custom bellows?
    Those are the exact thoughts that have me leaning on the side of custombellows.

Knock on wood, one of the last reliable things is good mail service between English/German/Japanese-speaking countries and the USA. Can't say the same for China or most of the rest of the World unless it is EMS, which is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by fecaleagle View Post
    Not to hijack this thread, but I am very much on the fence between ecbuystore and custombellows.co.uk. I received a very reasonable quote from custombellows of ~$215 dollars for 5x7 with 20+ inches of draw (includes mounting). I want to send my frames so that I can ensure a good fit, but I am wary of sending my irreplaceable (on my budget) frames to China. Did any of you ecbuystore advocates send your frames for fitting?
    I don't remember ECbuyonline ever offering the frame-gluing service, though perhaps that policy has changed.
    Nonetheless, I'm with Peter and the others on this: at that price, go for Custom Bellows, get the job done right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    I don't remember ECbuyonline ever offering the frame-gluing service, though perhaps that policy has changed.
    Nonetheless, I'm with Peter and the others on this: at that price, go for Custom Bellows, get the job done right the first time.
    I contacted ecbuyonline/ecbuystore a few months ago. They gave me a price estimate and stated (based on my inquiry) that having the frames would ensure that they could produce the bellows exactly to size. They did not offer to glue them for me, just use them to fit the bellows. I asked custombellows the same, and they tacked on the frame-gluing for ~16 USD in the estimate. Sounds like a deal, because I would probably spend an hour assessing the situation, 20 minutes getting all of my nerves out, half an hour gluing them, 10 minutes sniffing about to see how bad pliobond really smells, 2-4 hours for the basic clamp and cure (checking in on them every 20 minutes or so). If you take all that time and worry into consideration, $16 sounds like a pretty good deal to have them glued by a professional. Thanks for all the responses.