Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Burke & James 8x10 restored with Baby Graflex Shutter and 300mm Industar

Re: Burke & James 8x10 restored with Baby Graflex Shutter and 300mm Industar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin J. Kolosky View Post
    I might have put a bit of walnut stain on it!
    I would have also put a coat of medium stain on it and a clear coat to give it that finished look. It is easy to puck up a bit of scrap wood of what species the camera is made out of to test the dried look of an applied stain. But if it works for you that is all that matters.

I also have an 8X10 B&J, and currently trying to strip the paint off. How did you get the paint stripped? What did you use?

Nice job, congrats.

Re: Cheap Tripod!!!

Have been away awhile! I have been using my B&J with Graflex shutter and the results are incredible! No light leaks! Exposure accurate! etc,,,. This method is very cost effective and cheap! I am using it to demonstrate Large Format to a workshop I am running for Artsquest in Bethlehem PA. My students love it!

Next week, I will be doing a portrait workshop with this rig! That Industar 300mm will be incredible I think! Flash synch will be in T or bulb mode in that you cannot synch with flash unless the full curtain is open.

My next lens is a Konica 150mm Hexanon with Packard shutter. I have held this lens in front of my glass and it looks wonderful in terms of coverage and sharpness. I cannot believe how small it is! Great buy on Ebay for $100!!! Gosh, my Industar 300mm cost $100! I only spent $200 for my entire 2 lens kit for my B&J, and my B&J was only $350! Who says Large Format is Expensive? Heck, I just tried Freestyle Arista 400 EDU 8"x!0" and so far, very impressive for the cheaper price! Npw all I need is an Epson V750!!!!

Industar 300 covers 8x10 without any vignetting at all! I am very impressed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Leskin View Post
    Industar 300 covers 8x10 without any vignetting at all! I am very impressed!!!!
    cool, thanks, Edward.

do you have some datas about this big gun?
    industar 37 4,5/300mm as I have to make a rear flange to adapt on my cambo SCII, can't find the rear dimensions