I've been tracking P&S serial numbers and model numbers so far based on available on-line info such as auctions, forum discussions and various images in blogs etc. Just trying to get an idea of the scope of production over time while working on a paper.

So far I have about 40 entries and available information is drying up. So I'm trying to expand this search with the help of users and collectors currently owning any of these lenses or having sold them in the past.

I'm aware there are few P&S lenses out there without a serial number but those are rare and typically have an engraving that sets them apart from the P&S catalog descriptions or are identifiable as "prototypes" of some sort. I'm adding those also to the database.

So if you're willing to add/share etc, let me know, much appreciated. PM or email (amedeusphoto@aol.com) or any other means you deem appropriate

I can share following observations about what I've found/have so far:

Earliest SA Series I serial number: 960 (17")
Earliest SA Series II serial number: 1024 (12")
Only SA Series III serial number: 1091 (No 3)
Last SA Series I serial number: 1462 (No 3)

First VQ Series IV serial number: 2115 (No 4)
Last VQ Series IV serial number: 2895 (No 2)

First Synthetic Series VI serial number: 2710 (No 2)
Last Synthetic Series VI serial number: 362x (No 2, last digit not legible ... )

Early SA lenses with serial numbers <1000 have focal lengths inscribed that don't necessarily match the P&S catalogs I've seen.